advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Back to the Mac(Book)
Posted by: Rolando
Date: February 12, 2020 09:05PM
Battery finally arrived from our sponsor ( I did not pay for expedited shipping)!
Kit included Phillips and trilobe screwdrivers!
Pulled the old battery. Kinda dusty, no signs of swelling, laid flat on both sides.

Placed new battery, screwed back together (forgot my canned air to dust it).

Viola! it's on. Plugged in, not charging!

Unplugged and plugged, no go...

Then I took a good look at the power adapter and found a tiny opening at the cord root...

My (truly awesome) wife said she saw those adapters at BestBuy. Went to best buy dot com and found it, ordered for pickup. Got there and it was ready for me.

Now home, new battery is charging away. Will run calibrations soon!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2020 09:05PM by Rolando.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Back to the Mac(Book)
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: February 12, 2020 11:35PM
Risen from the Dead MacBook LEADER!

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Re: Back to the Mac(Book)
Posted by: SteveO
Date: February 15, 2020 01:44PM
OWC also sells those adapters, fwiw. They are usually pretty competitive if not the best price for an OEM. I wouldn't use anything but OEM on those mag safe machines.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 271
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018