advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
ReoLink NVR w/ 4K cameras... Now would like a Ring Doorbell or "sometime" compatible with an Amazon Show.
Posted by: spacescape
Date: February 18, 2020 10:26AM
Picked up a ReoLink 4K NVR back late last year. It works great, however I'm starting to wish I might of went with Ring or another system that was Amazon Echo compatible. ReoLink does have this feature but "not" for their NVR systems (which is surprising because these are fairly new systems). Mainly want one for the front door along with an Amazon Show so when we are cooking we can "ask" who's at the front door. So, wondering what everyone would recommend for this feature? Ring Doorbell 2 or Pro? or just get a wireless ReoLink (with a solar panel) that is compatible with Amazon Show? I guess the "wireless" reolinks that you can add them to your NVR so I could use my local NVR to record. Just wondering how well it works.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: ReoLink NVR w/ 4K cameras... Now would like a Ring Doorbell or "sometime" compatible with an Amazon Show.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: February 18, 2020 10:32AM
I honestly just get twitchy about the whole Ring / Surveillance State issue. Any cloud camera scares me now.
Re: ReoLink NVR w/ 4K cameras... Now would like a Ring Doorbell or "sometime" compatible with an Amazon Show.
Posted by: mikebw
Date: February 18, 2020 10:49AM
cbelt3
I honestly just get twitchy about the whole Ring / Surveillance State issue. Any cloud camera scares me now.

Same, I was almost on board but then too many red flags. Would still consider something more private though.

To the point- [www.washingtonpost.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2020 11:03AM by mikebw.
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: February 18, 2020 11:21AM
I wish I could find a doorbell cam that would provide notifications to my cellphone and record to my NAS. I refuse to pay monthly charges to record to the cloud, especially when I have no idea if my data is not being used for something else.
Posted by: pinkoos
Date: February 18, 2020 12:29PM
Maybe Blink?

[blinkforhome.com]

My daily record blog: [www.auditorymusings.com]

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 18, 2020 10:05PM
....with Ring......you don't watch Ring.......Ring watches you.......!!!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 208
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020