advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
flipping you OFF?!.....United doing a 'Parent Trap' and getting rid of.......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 18, 2020 10:01PM
.....BiscOFF biscuits.......switching it out [ like 'Freaky Friday' ] for Oreo Thins.........the change happens in March.......

United Airlines Trades Biscoff Biscuits For Oreo Thins

.....If you are having a tough day, your favorite cookie can offer a moment of bliss among the madness. For many United Airlines passengers, biting into a tasty Biscoff cookie midflight became a ritual over the last few months. However, the carrier has shared that the Belgian biscuits will make way for the All-American Oreo Thins as part of its offering of free snacks.

Bold Move

Biscoff is a brand owned by Lotus, a Lembeke-headquarted bakery. Its cookie-butter taste is unforgivingly moreish, especially when paired with a cup of hot tea or coffee. There is a premium feel about Biscoff cookies that takes the snacking experience to the next level.

Fox News reports that these snacks have been a permanent fixture on United flights since August of last year. The firm had also reportedly offered them on operations in years before it was formally made part of its services.

Additionally, other operators such as American Airlines and Delta Air Lines have also seen value in the cookie, offering them out on services that travel more than 250 miles.

United has now decided to go in another direction with its cookies by letting go of the classic and opting for a more modern initiative. Despite Oreos being a snack cupboard staple for around a century, Thins were only introduced in 2015. These cookies are also packed with sugary delight but the taste is completely different from what Biscoff offers.

Taking the biscuit

There will no doubt be many longing for the unique taste that only a Biscoff can offer. However, several fliers will also welcome the change as Oreos appeal to all sorts of consumers across the board, from children to adults.

Anyone who has tried to dip an Oreo into a hot drink knows the pain of losing half of it in the cup. However, Thins are more dunk-friendly than their siblings, with their sturdier structure.

A United spokesperson shared that the airline is always looking to revamp its array of snacks. Therefore, the move to introduce another type of cookie on its flights is a natural direction for the company in its bid to revise its cuisine.

“Our complementary snack options continue to be a hit and we’re always looking for opportunities to introduce new selections,” a spokesperson for United said in a statement shared with Fox News.

“We plan to add Oreo Thins into the mix soon and look forward to the response from our customers.”

switch..........out.........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2020 09:08AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: flipping you OFF?!.....United doing a 'Parent Trap' and getting rid of.......
Posted by: neophyte
Date: February 18, 2020 10:07PM
“We plan to add Oreo Thins into the mix soon and look forward to the response from our customers.”

This implies adding Oreo Thins to the "mix", not substituting one for the other.

So much for people with chocolate intolerance/allergys.
Re: flipping you OFF?!.....United doing a 'Parent Trap' and getting rid of.......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 18, 2020 10:16PM
.....from another article......may make it clearer......there will be other snack offerings.........

....Oreo Thins, which boasts 140 calories per four cookies, will join pretzels and highly-popular Stroopwafels as complimentary snacks starting in March..........

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: RgrF
Date: February 19, 2020 01:42AM
....Oreo Thins

That would be a prelude to further shrinking of their coach seats?
Posted by: dk62
Date: February 19, 2020 08:05AM
I love Biscoff. Hate Oreos. Time to switch to Delta big grin smiley
Posted by: Mr Downtown
Date: February 19, 2020 08:37AM
I've always figured it was about which snack company gave the airline the best deal to get exposure to consumers. No one in America had ever heard of Biscoff before they started handing them out on airplanes, but now you can buy them in most big supermarkets.
Posted by: onthedownlow
Date: February 19, 2020 08:44AM
Just flew United last night - Biscoff still there, so far.

I like either. I purchased Biscoff cookies from Costco after having them the first time they were offered on a flight a year or two(?) ago. Seems like they have had them for a long time now. The 'United exposure' definitely worked on me. lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2020 08:46AM by onthedownlow.
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: February 19, 2020 08:55AM
Love the Biscoff cookies. I'm hoping that American doesn't decide to trade Biscoff for Oreo thins.

Side note: Never drink coffee or tea on a flight. There's a reason that flight crews bring their own on board.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 286
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018