Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
F/U to I have coronavirus!
Posted by: DP
Date: February 28, 2020 04:15PM
Re: [forums.macresource.com]

I am sick, sick, sick. Couldn't sleep at all last night so I spent most of today sleeping and I will go sleep again soon after a couple chores.

No fever and a weird cough. I go for awhile without and then all of a sudden I break into a bad coughing fit. Got sniffles but not totally clogged.

I feel slightly better now, tho.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: F/U to I have coronavirus!
Posted by: neophyte
Date: February 28, 2020 04:18PM
That's been going around, especially amongst those testing positive for influenza. That cough can hang on for weeks.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 28, 2020 04:44PM
....can you turn your head.....and cough.....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Grumpyguy
Date: February 28, 2020 04:51PM
I had something like that for around 2 months. Never felt horrible, but had a cough and congestion. At times, I'd get a coughing fit.

Finally got antibiotics and that seemed clear up my sinuses and post nasal drip and it finally went away mid January.

Bryan
Posted by: mattkime
Date: February 28, 2020 04:51PM
I had something similar for the better part of a month. Hope you recover quicker than that. Also, you don't know its not coronavirus since there is coronavirus thats not covid-19. Maybe this will protect you. I suspect I got my version from my son in daycare - the current theory is that younger kids are relatively safe from covid-19 since they're exposed to so much. This is my comforting story.

Then again, the fear of covid-19 isn't that you'll get very sick (thats very unlikely) its that you'll know one or two older, weaker, or just terribly unlucky people who will die.

Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: February 28, 2020 04:57PM
Had that last week. Woke up shivering at one point. No fever (or a very very low-grade fever). Daughter had it too; just getting over it.

(BTW, it's spelled < y'all >.)
Posted by: hal
Date: February 28, 2020 05:01PM
Did you guys get flu shots? Sounds like a nasty bug...
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: February 28, 2020 05:02PM
Also have something weird with alternating weeks of PND and then inflamed nasal passages (and dripping, yeah). First time in a long while that I have awakened in the morning with crusty nose; remember that as a kid?
Posted by: hal
Date: February 28, 2020 05:04PM
mattkime
Then again, the fear of covid-19 isn't that you'll get very sick (thats very unlikely) its that you'll know one or two older, weaker, or just terribly unlucky people who will die.

I worry about the place my mom lives. There are dozens of young people tending to the oldsters and many of them have young children. Many cling to this job like their life depends on it (probably does) and I could easily see people showing for work when they shouldn't in fear of losing their job.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: February 28, 2020 05:18PM
I am just getting over something similar. It’s lasted for three weeks so far. It started right after I stayed in a place where I got chilled in the night. I’ve nearly gone through a bag of 70 cough drops, the drops made it bearable.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Buck
Date: February 28, 2020 05:23PM
There are stubborn colds going around. Mine lasted a month.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: February 28, 2020 05:44PM
Interesting ... I haven't gotten ANYTHING so far yet this season (fingers crossed), which is unusual for me, because I have an immunodeficiency. But I did get my flu shot, so maybe that's helped...?

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Date: February 28, 2020 07:12PM
Did you guys get flu shots? Sounds like a nasty bug...

Yep! But I heard that there's an Influenza-B (am I correct?) going around that isn't covered by this season's shots.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: February 29, 2020 11:23AM
Flu-B is making the rounds here...
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: February 29, 2020 02:38PM
Hey DP, maybe you should keep your infected self downstate for a few more weeks, ok? devil smiley

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Date: February 29, 2020 05:36PM
I probably won't visit again till the Culver's is finished anyway!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 154
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018