advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
the shat hitting the fan?!.....William Shatner says when it comes to Captain Kirk......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 02, 2020 02:17PM
.....he is done....he will not be doing a 'Picard' and bringing the character back.....

William Shatner shuts door on Kirk return to Star Trek

Picard may be back, but don't expect Captain Kirk to star in his own series.

The arrival of Star Trek: Picard on streaming service CBS All Access has left fans counting the cameos as beloved characters from previous Trek shows return to the small screen. Captain James T. Kirk won't be among them.

William Shatner, who led the original Star Trek television show and movies as Kirk, answered a fan's query on Twitter on Sunday. The fan wanted to know if CBS All Access would consider a Kirk series along the lines of Picard.

Shatner's response was short and strong: "No. I think Kirk's story is pretty well played out at this point."

Some fans might want to forget Kirk's fate as it was presented in the 1994 movie Star Trek: Generations. Kirk didn't survive the film. It wasn't pretty, but it may end up being the last word on Shatner's portrayal of the iconic Starfleet captain.

the end.............................?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: the shat hitting the fan?!.....William Shatner says when it comes to Captain Kirk......
Posted by: GGD
Date: March 02, 2020 02:49PM
NewtonMP2100
it may end up being the last word on Shatner's portrayal of the iconic Starfleet captain.

Promise...

[www.youtube.com]
Re: the shat hitting the fan?!.....William Shatner says when it comes to Captain Kirk......
Posted by: Yoyodyne ArtWorks
Date: March 02, 2020 03:23PM
Negotiating tactic...

Posted by: Speedy
Date: March 02, 2020 09:14PM
GGD
NewtonMP2100
it may end up being the last word on Shatner's portrayal of the iconic Starfleet captain.

Promise...

[www.youtube.com]

“Video unavailable
The uploader has not made this video available in your country.”

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: GGD
Date: March 02, 2020 09:33PM
Speedy
GGD
NewtonMP2100

Promise...

[www.youtube.com]

“Video unavailable
The uploader has not made this video available in your country.”

Have you tried another country smiling smiley It's an official SNL clip from NBC. Works fine here in the USA.
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: March 03, 2020 10:13AM
Shat's really old (although certainly still active) and doing his own thing, quite successfully. I've been a Kirk fan since I was a child, but in this case I think he's making the right call.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: March 03, 2020 12:00PM
I doubt Shatner could reprise Kirk anywhere nearly as well as Stewart did for Picard.

And I hope he doesn't try.

Denny Crane.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 246
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018