advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
the Big Bang?!.....'Genesis' announces reunion tour......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 04, 2020 07:11AM
.......coming.......

Is Genesis About to Announce a Reunion Tour?’

.....It looks like Genesis will be announcing a reunion tour tomorrow morning — according to teaser social-media posts, a premature announcement from London’s O2 arena, and a report in England’s The Sun. According to the report, the group will perform in arenas in the UK in November and December, with tickets going on sale later this month.

The three core bandmembers — singer Phil Collins, keyboardist Tony Banks and guitarist/bassist Mike Rutherford — last performed together at a 40 th anniversary concert in 2007. The group is expected to announce their comeback on BBC’s Radio 2 on Wednesday morning; the station teased this morning that “a massive band is reuniting” and the announcement will be revealed on Zoe Ball’s breakfast show.

Original singer Peter Gabriel is not expected to take part.

The group teased the news yesterday by posting a photo on their official Instagram account with the caption: “And then there were three,” which is also the name of their first album as a trio after Gabriel and guitarist Steve Hackett left in the mid-1970s. While Collins was originally the band’s drummer — and added lead-vocal duties after Gabriel’s departure in 1975 — he was diagnosed with nerve damage several years ago and said in 2018 that a condition for a Genesis reunion would be that his son Nic would play drums

“I can’t imagine what it would be like if I didn’t play the drums, but anything is possible,” he said, according to The Sun. “I haven’t really said it to Tony and Mike. I did mention to Tony very quietly if we did anything again it would be with Nic on drums.”

The group has not released a new studio album since 1997’s “Calling All Stations.”

lets go back.......to the start.........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: the Big Bang?!.....'Genesis' announces reunion tour......
Posted by: Spiff
Date: March 04, 2020 09:04AM
Please let them come to the US. PLEASE!!!!!!!!
Posted by: freeradical
Date: March 04, 2020 11:59AM
In the mid 80's, a Phil Collins solo album and Genesis album sounded exactly the same.
Posted by: hal
Date: March 04, 2020 04:34PM
I saw them last in the 90s and I was done - not the band that I grew up loving. Frankly, listening to Steve Hackett's band revisting genesis is better than anything genesis has done since the 70s imo.

Here's Supper's Ready: [www.youtube.com]
Posted by: dk62
Date: March 05, 2020 11:03AM
agree smiley
hal
I saw them last in the 90s and I was done - not the band that I grew up loving. Frankly, listening to Steve Hackett's band revisting genesis is better than anything genesis has done since the 70s imo.

Here's Supper's Ready: [www.youtube.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 349
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018