advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
The TP and Water panic will no longer be catered...
Posted by: GGD
Date: March 06, 2020 11:21PM
Costco is banning free samples over COVID-19

[www.usatoday.com]

I feel sorry for those workers, many that I've seen seemed very dependent on their job/paycheck. They're not Costco employees, but work for a contracting company that manages the sample program.

Costco is suspending free samples over safety concerns with the spread of the coronavirus.

It was not immediately known if Costco has pulled samples from all stores in the U.S. or only in select areas or when the suspension would end.

Club Demonstration Services, which provides in-store marketing events for Costco, declined to comment late Friday and referred calls to Costco. Costco did not respond to USA TODAY's request for comment.

Costco stores in California, Washington state and Florida said they did not know when Costco would begin offering free food samples again.

The news that product demonstrations would be suspended first surfaced on Reddit Thursday.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: The TP and Water panic will no longer be catered...
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: March 07, 2020 08:39AM
Considering that most people are pigs, this doesn't surprise me. I expect that others will follow suit as well.
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: March 07, 2020 08:41AM
My son currently works as a Cheese Monger at the Murray's in an area Kroger; word came down from corporate earlier in the week that all samples & sampling were to cease immediately and for the foreseeable future. He gets it, of course, but lamented that the sampling in the wine/cheese department was what helped things sell; sales have dropped massively just since they started. (Plus, he said, the hot samples -- he'd come up with & cook various things -- were one of the enjoyable parts of the job.)

(BTW, it's spelled < y'all >.)
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: March 07, 2020 09:28AM
Can we ban filthy, filthy buffets next?
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: March 07, 2020 02:14PM
Bill in NC
Can we ban filthy, filthy buffets next?

I don't suppose you've considered just not eating there if you don't like it?

Yeah, I didn't think so...

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 07, 2020 02:15PM
.....is Warren.....Buffet.....filthy....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: fauch
Date: March 07, 2020 06:56PM
NewtonMP2100
.....is Warren.....Buffet.....filthy....???
Not as much as Jimmy...
Posted by: richorlin
Date: March 07, 2020 08:51PM
I was at my local Costco this Thursday (Chantilly VA) and there was only one sample server out. Maybe he didn't get the memo.

richorlin

[DrawingMyLife.com]

[www.dudeism.com]
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: March 08, 2020 01:13PM
GGD
Costco is banning free samples over COVID-19

[www.usatoday.com]

I feel sorry for those workers, many that I've seen seemed very dependent on their job/paycheck. They're not Costco employees, but work for a contracting company that manages the sample program.

Costco is suspending free samples over safety concerns with the spread of the coronavirus.

It was not immediately known if Costco has pulled samples from all stores in the U.S. or only in select areas or when the suspension would end.

Club Demonstration Services, which provides in-store marketing events for Costco, declined to comment late Friday and referred calls to Costco. Costco did not respond to USA TODAY's request for comment.

Costco stores in California, Washington state and Florida said they did not know when Costco would begin offering free food samples again.

The news that product demonstrations would be suspended first surfaced on Reddit Thursday.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 156
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018