advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Here's an easy cheap common sense way to cut back on some Coronavirus spread
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: March 07, 2020 02:48PM
Businesses and offices could put door stops in their front doors. Yesterday, I left a doctor's office and had to turn the knob. At another doctor's office, the door wasn't closed all the way so I just leaned against it to open it. Then, at the accountant's office, the door was wide open, probably because it was the first pretty day of the year. Anyway, this old brown rubber doorstops could stop some transmission if a PSA was put out to businesses and people got the word.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Here's an easy cheap common sense way to cut back on some Coronavirus spread
Posted by: hal
Date: March 07, 2020 03:12PM
not a bad idea...
Re: Here's an easy cheap common sense way to cut back on some Coronavirus spread
Date: March 07, 2020 03:28PM
It needs a catchy name.
Posted by: hal
Date: March 07, 2020 03:36PM
Stop the virus, Stop your door
Date: March 07, 2020 03:39PM
hal
Stop the virus, Stop your door

Yeah, "stop" pretty much has to be in it. I'm going to call the Chamber of Commerce Monday and see if it can catch hold in my small town. If it takes off, the rubber door stop people will be caught off guard.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 07, 2020 04:14PM
.....so don't......spread'em......???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: March 07, 2020 04:23PM
That's what sleeves are for!
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: March 07, 2020 04:44PM
We are not allowed to prop a door or window open, or even allowed the door to left unlocked. This is due to safety rules following the Parkland shooting.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: neophyte
Date: March 07, 2020 04:54PM
Dennis S
... could put door stops in their front doors. Yesterday, I left a doctor's office and had to turn the knob. ...

My doctor's office has its door propped open during business hours for just this reason. But then this office is on the ground floor of a multi-business building with a lobby, so the door to the outside is a distance away. That's where the sleeve maneuver comes into play.
Date: March 07, 2020 05:09PM
neophyte
Dennis S
... could put door stops in their front doors. Yesterday, I left a doctor's office and had to turn the knob. ...

My doctor's office has its door propped open during business hours for just this reason. But then this office is on the ground floor of a multi-business building with a lobby, so the door to the outside is a distance away. That's where the sleeve maneuver comes into play.

About a month ago I was sitting in the doctor's office. A teenager came in and the receptionist caught him right away and told him he tested or the flu and gave him a mask. They rushed him back to the doctor and he left soon after through the main door. I thought for sure someone would wipe off the knob, but they didn't. So I had to touch it when I left.
Posted by: Janit
Date: March 07, 2020 07:01PM
Market it as "the virus stopper."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 204
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018