advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Best Photo recovery tool??? Sister In Law needs help!
Posted by: spacescape
Date: March 08, 2020 12:45PM
Sister in Law just dropped by an Olympus FE-230 with a corrupt XD Picture card. She did get an All in One USB Card reader and said it asked if she wanted to format it. She is pretty sure she DID NOT format the card. She did try to view them on the camera but it can't view the images there either. So, I'm looking at a couple of utilities to recover and want to know if anyone knows of one that works best.

I did download Card Rescue, Recoverit and Data_rescue. All of these require you pay for the full version so I figured I'd ask which one to purchase.

Thanks.
Bill
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Best Photo recovery tool??? Sister In Law needs help!
Posted by: deckeda
Date: March 08, 2020 01:18PM
What's interesting is that a quick Google reveals some companies are playing fast-and-loose with competitor's names, with "Card Rescue" and "Recoverit" showing up in strange places online.

At any rate, many if not most appear to have trial software. No?
Posted by: GGD
Date: March 08, 2020 01:34PM
Check out PhotoRec, it's free, but you need to run it from terminal, no Mac GUI for it.

[www.cgsecurity.org]
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: March 08, 2020 02:03PM
It used to be that Sandisk included a serial number for a one year subscription of RecsuePRO Deluxe with every card of a certain size.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: pqrst
Date: March 08, 2020 03:05PM
Try putting a good Sd card in Olympus. Then pop it out and pop in your “bad” and see if it can be read. Or hook up Olympus to computer USB port, with bad card in it and see if you can read the card. Or try reading the bad card in a Windows computer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2020 03:06PM by pqrst.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 199
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020