advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Local Irish themed restaurant postpones St. Paddy's day....
Posted by: Buzz
Date: March 13, 2020 07:43PM
Or does it?

Been getting recent emails huckstering tix for their St. Pat's blowout...

In years' past, one email to the loyalists on their "V.I.P." list is more than ample to sell out. This year, there have been several emails promoting the $134 experience ($5 cover + $129 V.I.P. ticket), until earlier today, when the email arrived officially canceling their favorite holiday, at for the time being. To wit....

Our St. Paddy's Day Bash is postponed
With the issue of Coronavirus ever-present, we have decided to postpone our St. Patrick’s Day Celebration; those who have already purchased tickets will be contacted by phone and offered refunds.

In the meantime, we will remain open for regular service on St. Patrick’s Day for our guests who would like to dine with us. As always, your safety and that of our coworkers remains our top priority, so we will continue to uphold the highest standards for our cleaning and sanitation protocols to ensure our restaurant remains a safe place to dine.

Bring the spirit of the holiday to your home
We will be offering a very special St. Paddy's Day To-Go Package as we know you love this holiday as much as we do.

$139 plus tax & gratuity

Feeds 8-10 people

Featuring:
Our Certified Angus Beef Corned Beef
Steamed Red Potatoes & Cabbage
Buttered Carrots
Wee Green Salad
1 loaf of sourdough bread
Sticky toffee pudding

Guests 21+ add on:
Carlsberg 16 oz Four Leaf Clover Beer
Packs of 12
$15
Wishing you all a happy and safe St. Patrick's Day, and we look forward to welcoming you at our restaurant soon.

==

But wait, they're gonna remain open for their "regular service", so they'll be open for whomsoever wants to show up, instead of bashing w/ their most faithful and loyal on a prepaid prix fixe menu? Not sure how this is helping w/ the Covid-19 thing after all? Seems like all they're doing is foregoing their V.I.P. tent thing, and possibly some/all of the scheduled entertainment.... gotta check on that, a family friend's kid is in the late night band that's scheduled. But bands or no bands, it sounds like they're still begging to swap Coronavirus germs. Not gonna surprise me if/when the next email scales back the celebration for real.
==
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Local Irish themed restaurant postpones St. Paddy's day....
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: March 13, 2020 07:56PM
Carlsberg 16 oz Four Leaf Clover Beer?????

Carlsberg? it's a Danish beer.
What happened to Guinness, or Murphy's, or Smithwick's, or Harp's - even Killians (ok, maybe not Killians)

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: RgrF
Date: March 13, 2020 08:02PM
Is that brisket or flat cut corned beef? Count me out if it's brisket.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: March 13, 2020 08:08PM
- even Killians (ok, maybe not Killians)

O'Coors & McMolson are Irish enough? Or is it that Killian's hasn't really existed in Ireland since the 1950's?
Not sure why they're doing the Carlsberg thing, other than perhaps a hefty kickback/ad co-op?
==
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 13, 2020 08:47PM
.....Shamrock....shake....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 140
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020