advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Old Fashioned PowerPoint
Posted by: GGD
Date: March 15, 2020 11:52PM
I just helped a retired university professor access some files he had on CDs from years ago. He told me that the were scans of 35mm slides from carousels that he used to use for presentations years ago. I said "Oh, old fashioned PowerPoint"

Turns out they were actual gold Kodak PhotoCDs, the files had a .pcd the recent OS X version he's running identified them as Unix Executables.

The solution was easy, fire up a Snowleopard system with an optical drive and iPhoto '09, pop in the CDs one at a time and import. Loaded in over 1100 slide scans from 13 CDs. Converted into about 6.5GB of JPEGs.

He was very happy to be reunited with his old presentations. He actually needed a few of them for a PowerPoint presentation he's working on.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Old Fashioned PowerPoint
Posted by: DP
Date: March 16, 2020 06:41AM
Good for you! Every time I find old pix from any source (relatives, friends, etc.) I digitize them.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 188
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020