AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
CA stay at home/residence order.
Posted by: Carm
Date: March 19, 2020 08:55PM
Governor orders shelter in place
Edit: Stay at home/residence order!
Link: [kesq.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2020 09:29PM by Carm.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: CA shelter in place
Posted by: Pam
Date: March 19, 2020 08:58PM
Pennsylvania pretty much shut down as well.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: March 19, 2020 09:00PM
Crazy patchwork quilt country.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 19, 2020 09:04PM
.....the latest fatality......

.....A Pasadena-area man who on Thursday become the second person in Los Angeles County to die of coronavirus reportedly visited both Walt Disney World Resort and Universal Orlando Resort theme parks in Florida before getting sick and returning home. According to social media posts from the family of Jeffrey Ghazarian, 34...........

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: GGD
Date: March 19, 2020 09:11PM
Carm
Governor orders shelter in place

I've seen it on TV but can't find anything online, not even in the "Newsroom" section of the Governor's website.

[www.gov.ca.gov]

I would really like to know how it differs from the already in place SF Bay Area "shelter-in-place" order.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: March 19, 2020 09:22PM
"Just three days after seven Bay Area counties instituted a shelter-in-place mandate to slow the spread of the COVID-19 disease, Gov. Gavin Newsom announced a similar order over the entire state.

Newsom said the new statewide mandate would take effect starting Friday and mirror the Bay Area’s mandate that took effect on Tuesday.

“This is a moment in time, and it’s a challenging moment, and it may be many moments in the foreseeable future, but nonetheless we will process, we will work together through this moment of challenge and we will triumph over fear, anxiety and this disease,” Newsom said.

Under the shelter-in-place mandate, “non-essential” businesses across the state will be required to close, and residents will be limited to leaving their homes only for “essential” reasons, such as to obtain medications, shop for groceries and supplies, care for family members and exercise outdoors."

[www.mercurynews.com]
Posted by: SKYLANE
Date: March 19, 2020 09:23PM
I saw the Governor announcement, part of it played at the tail end of Rachel Maddow. He was holding an announcement for TV, not sure who was broadcasting it live.
Posted by: SKYLANE
Date: March 19, 2020 09:23PM
So, here in Anaheim. No sheltering at home.

OOPS! I was typing a lot of stuff fast, major goof on that one... sorry...

That was suppose to say: So, here in Anaheim. So sheltering at home.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2020 01:59PM by SKYLANE.
Date: March 19, 2020 09:28PM
SKYLANE
So, here in Anaheim. No sheltering at home.
Corrected: stay at home/residence order
[kesq.com]

PDF-[kesq.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2020 09:30PM by Carm.
Posted by: steve...
Date: March 19, 2020 09:38PM
...residents will be limited to leaving their homes only for “essential” reasons, such as to obtain medications, shop for groceries and supplies, care for family members and exercise outdoors."

Wonder if they'll be enforcing the order. It's OK with me — I can still get out for a ride on my bicycle.

Northern California Coast
Re: CA stay at home/residence order.
Posted by: rgG
Date: March 19, 2020 09:49PM
Does that mean all restaurants close, even for takeout and delivery?

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Date: March 19, 2020 09:58PM
rgG

If it's duplicating the Bay Area rules, then they can stay open for takeout and delivery, but no eat-in.

Here's a pretty good FAQ of the Santa Clara County rules, that are probably state-wide now.

[sccphd.org]

Can I go to a restaurant, café, coffee or tea shop, ice cream shop, or other foodservice location?

Yes, but only to pick up food. You cannot dine, eat, or drink in or around the facility.

I don’t cook—how can I purchase meals?

Restaurants, cafes, food trucks, and similar establishments are encouraged to remain open to supply meals to the public via delivery and carryout. You can also purchase prepared foods at grocery stores, supermarkets, certified farmers’ markets, convenience stores, and other such food retailers.
Date: March 19, 2020 10:03PM
Thanks GGD
Posted by: rgG
Date: March 19, 2020 10:16PM
GGD
rgG

If it's duplicating the Bay Area rules, then they can stay open for takeout and delivery, but no eat-in.

Here's a pretty good FAQ of the Santa Clara County rules, that are probably state-wide now.

[sccphd.org]

Can I go to a restaurant, café, coffee or tea shop, ice cream shop, or other foodservice location?

Yes, but only to pick up food. You cannot dine, eat, or drink in or around the facility.

I don’t cook—how can I purchase meals?

Restaurants, cafes, food trucks, and similar establishments are encouraged to remain open to supply meals to the public via delivery and carryout. You can also purchase prepared foods at grocery stores, supermarkets, certified farmers’ markets, convenience stores, and other such food retailers.

Thanks. I assumed that was the case, but wasn’t sure.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: RgrF
Date: March 19, 2020 10:38PM
Shoppers here in LA seem to be adapting. I went out for the first time in a week and the local Whole Foods had easy access - just very little product to offer.

Local Rite-Aid was line & customer free and actually had a supply of packaged food available - find your own TTissue or use the not so absorbent mail flyers that keep arriving
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: March 19, 2020 10:50PM
I would really like to know how it differs from the already in place SF Bay Area "shelter-in-place" order.

Making it state wide is pretty much the salient characteristic of the Gov's decree.

I wonder how many people, if any, will be held accountable for violating the order.

It seems like it would be tough to prove a violation except in the most obvious YouTube-esque violations.

I don't know the circumstances, but there are reports of France and other places issuing citations for violating similar orders.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Date: March 19, 2020 10:59PM
RAMd®d

Making it state wide is pretty much the salient characteristic of the Gov's decree.

I wonder how many people, if any, will be held accountable for violating the order.

It seems like it would be tough to prove a violation except in the most obvious YouTube-esque violations.

I don't know the circumstances, but there are reports of France and other places issuing citations for violating similar orders.

I would guess that the first form of enforcement would be to make sure that businesses that aren't supposed to be open, are actually closed.

I'm afraid that food shopping with lots of sold out items is going to lead to a lot more people going out more frequently, going to multiple stores or going out several days until they can get what they need. I'd really like it of I could plan to go out shopping once every two weeks, but know that I'll really be able to restock.
Posted by: davester
Date: March 19, 2020 10:59PM
RgrF
- find your own TTissue or use the not so absorbent mail flyers that keep arriving

Sadly, we're not closer to the election when we'd have a surplus of buttwiping materials available.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: davester
Date: March 19, 2020 11:02PM
GGD
I'm afraid that food shopping with lots of sold out items is going to lead to a lot more people going out more frequently, going to multiple stores or going out several days until they can get what they need. I'd really like it of I could plan to go out shopping once every two weeks, but know that I'll really be able to restock.

The grocery retailers here are starting to get a handle on this. They're limiting the number of people who can be in the store at one time and enforcing strict limits on certain items to stop the hoarders and profiteers. I think things will smooth out once people get familiar with the protocols and also realize that we're not going to all starve.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: Racer X
Date: March 19, 2020 11:54PM
davester
RgrF
- find your own TTissue or use the not so absorbent mail flyers that keep arriving

Sadly, we're not closer to the election when we'd have a surplus of buttwiping materials available.

do you REALLY want a card stock paper cut down there?
Posted by: RgrF
Date: March 20, 2020 02:51AM
Racer X
davester
RgrF

do you REALLY want a card stock paper cut down there?

Davester's bidet suggestion maybe preferable to the use of a hand, one found in many cultures.
Posted by: Sam3
Date: March 20, 2020 06:28AM
Does anyone know if all schools are to close as well in this edict? ? One would think so, but I've read that some CA school districts are operating normally.

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: March 20, 2020 07:53AM
All schools will shut down due to the latest order. My wife works in one of the last districts to shut down. They received messaging from the governor earlier this week that this was coming. After calling 3 snow days this week, they finally called for a hard shutdown until mid -April at a minimum.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: d4
Date: March 20, 2020 08:26AM
Associated Press
March 19, 2020, 9:11 p.m.

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Home to the largest homeless population in the country, California officials are rushing to get tens of thousands of people off the streets and into shelters and tents to slow the spread of the coronavirus among one of the most vulnerable and difficult-to-reach groups.

There has been only one confirmed death among California's estimated 150,000 homeless people, but authorities believe that without swift intervention, it's only a matter of time before the virus sweeps through homeless encampments and gathering spots where people are in close proximity and can't practice proper hygiene, like hand-washing.

Posted by: numbered
Date: March 20, 2020 10:42AM
GGD
I would guess that the first form of enforcement would be to make sure that businesses that aren't supposed to be open, are actually closed.

The San Jose paper had an article about police shutting down businesses. One business was a gun store that deemed itself essential. The major business closing battle has been Tesla in Fremont. Uncle Elon said he had guidance that he could operate...but the Sheriff said not so much. Today's paper says Tesla will close Monday.
Date: March 20, 2020 02:36PM
Sam3
Does anyone know if all schools are to close as well in this edict? ? One would think so, but I've read that some CA school districts are operating normally.
All three of my local districts complied with county order to shut down. Imperial County was still in session before mandate from governor. Other counties no idea. We had an early case here not sure if it was because of snow/rain birds or just regular travelers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 123
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018