advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Cheapskate reminder - shop around for your prescription drugs. Also, have you used goodrx?
Posted by: mattkime
Date: March 22, 2020 10:47AM
I have some medication that I take regularly that I should replenish in prep for the coming months. GoodRx sometimes displays prices considerably lower than available through my mail insurance's order pharmacy. Looks like I need to use a special GoodRx coupon to get the lower price. Nocks it down from $100 for a 90 day supply to $35 - a very nice savings. Has anyone used this successfully?

The cheapest pharmacy varies by drug. Considerably.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Cheapskate reminder - shop around for your prescription drugs. Also, have you used goodrx?
Posted by: Bo
Date: March 22, 2020 11:05AM
Also check Costco. Two prescriptions we take are cheaper at Costco without insurance (Costco doesn’t take our insurance) than just about anywhere else with our insurance.
Re: Cheapskate reminder - shop around for your prescription drugs. Also, have you used goodrx?
Posted by: GGD
Date: March 22, 2020 11:07AM
On a slightly related note, I was talking to a Walgreens pharmacist yesterday to get some refills ordered for my mom a bit early. In the past insurance would block refill requests that were made too soon after the last one, and was asking the pharmacist if this request was considered too soon. He told me that the insurance companies had suspended that restriction, and not to worry.
Posted by: pdq
Date: March 22, 2020 12:11PM
Yeah, I honestly don't know how this works - how do folks like GoodRx make money?

But anyway, yeah, my prescriptions are cheaper outside of my insurance than under my insurance, across the board. (They don't count toward my deductible, but I'm hoping - hoping! - that I won't be exceeding my deductible this year.)
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: March 22, 2020 12:12PM
I use GoodRx at Costco and at CVS, depending on the price. I save hundreds of dollars per 90-days that way.
Posted by: sekker
Date: March 22, 2020 12:34PM
GoodRx saves me a TON of money for my human prescription for my dog. Not a lot of pet insurance.
Posted by: richorlin
Date: March 22, 2020 03:46PM
Between the two of us, we take four prescriptions. Each of us take a statin, which is free on the federal Blue Cross plan. My hypertension drug is only $5, My wife's Synthroid keeps going up every 90 days. Last refill at Costco cost us $110. She can't take the generic, so we stick with Costco. When we changed from a supermarket pharmacy to Costco three years ago, we cut our Rx bill in half. Now, with the free prescriptions, it's even cheaper.

richorlin

[DrawingMyLife.com]

[www.dudeism.com]
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: March 23, 2020 12:05AM
pdq
Yeah, I honestly don't know how this works - how do folks like GoodRx make money?

My guess is pretty much the same as Facebook.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 101
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018