advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
portable car battery jumpstarter (and smart device) -- great for your car -- $30
Posted by: jdc
Date: March 23, 2020 02:24PM
Just ordered my 3rd one. Have used the one in my wifes car a few times, works great. Snap and go. Plus phone charger...

[www.amazon.com]

Need to check coupon and add code: L7GA8MPO

Please do not take my recommendation as 100% -- do your own research before buying, as suggested by others, look at negative reviews first and base your purchase off of those.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2020 02:25PM by jdc.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: portable car battery jumpstarter (and smart device) -- great for your car -- $30
Posted by: Schpark
Date: March 23, 2020 02:30PM
$50 for me

"Without death, life would lose much of its meaning. My goal is to live in such a manner that I alter world in some fundamental way before I'm gone. As I get older and watch my son grow I realize I've already achieved my goal." - Ztirffritz
Re: portable car battery jumpstarter (and smart device) -- great for your car -- $30
Date: March 23, 2020 02:33PM
Schpark
$50 for me

Check the coupon and add the code above

----

Posted by: hal
Date: March 23, 2020 02:42PM
20% off $49.99 comes to $39.99
Date: March 23, 2020 02:59PM
hal

Need to check coupon and add code: L7GA8MPO =)

----

Posted by: Gareth
Date: March 23, 2020 03:01PM
jdc
hal

Correct. You won't be able to add the promo code until checkout, so you won't see the final price until the step before you confirm the order.
Posted by: jh
Date: March 23, 2020 03:46PM
Thanks. With my points from my credit card I got it for 13 bucks.
Posted by: hal
Date: March 23, 2020 03:51PM
jdc
hal

Thanks for setting me straight - I was sure that you just messed up. To me, this is RYF deal @ $30, but a slow saunter at $40 :-)
Date: March 23, 2020 04:02PM
As a FWIW, I got one on Jan 3, plugged it in, charged it overnight and dropped it into the back of my car.

This thread had me thinking about whether or not I should recharge it, off to the car to check... roughly 3 months later it was still fully charged.

----

Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: March 23, 2020 08:57PM
Can these devices be used to maintain electricity to a car’s electrical system while the battery is being replaced?

It is what it is.
Posted by: Randalls
Date: March 23, 2020 11:42PM
Thanks!
Posted by: Racer X
Date: March 24, 2020 12:20AM
says $40 after 20% off digital coupon.
Posted by: space-time
Date: March 24, 2020 01:45AM
Racer X
says $40 after 20% off digital coupon.

did you see his red text about that code?
WTH?!
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: March 24, 2020 02:23AM
I put it in my cart and the price was $32.61!

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: March 26, 2020 10:25AM
N-OS X-tasy!
Can these devices be used to maintain electricity to a car’s electrical system while the battery is being replaced?

Possibly. The old way was to plug a battery into a cigarette lighter. If you go this route, the lighter needs to be constantly powered or the ignition in the run position.

With some battery cables, it may be difficult to have this connected to the battery cables and be able to remove them from the battery.

Sometimes, it's not bad for a car to have power disconnected. It clears the learned operating parameters and forces a relearn. The downside is that security codes may need to be programmed into audio/gps systems and auto up/down window functions may need to be reset. Your owner's manual should provide instructions on what needs to be done on battery replacement.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 192
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018