advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
2nd phone number on iPhone
Posted by: davemchine
Date: March 24, 2020 05:34PM
I would like to have a 2nd phone number so after googling I installed Verizon My Numbers and was assigned a 2nd phone number. I can't see how to use it for FaceTime though. Is this possible?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 2nd phone number on iPhone
Posted by: space-time
Date: March 24, 2020 06:19PM
you need to add it to your AppleID account.
Posted by: testcase
Date: March 24, 2020 09:10PM
I believe that can be done via a GoogleVoice number. NO second SIM or cost for a second line either.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: March 25, 2020 03:15PM
testcase
I believe that can be done via a GoogleVoice number. NO second SIM or cost for a second line either.

It’s via data, so no SIM involved. It’s basically VOIP for cellphones. There are several versions of multi numbers on the same phone.... the trick is getting video to work on the extra number(s). I don’t know if space’s idea of adding an extra number to your AppleID will work, but it’s worth a try. We have T-Mo’s version, which is called “Digits”,and so far I’ve only gotten video to work on Android via proprietary phone based protocol. No joy on the iPhones yet. Plus, all we’ve used so far, is numbers from the other cellphones for the extra numbers.

IOW, can get video using iPhone’s number via phone protocol on Android to another Android phone that has same protocol, but no FaceTime on iPhone using Android’s phone number; only voice in that configuration so far. “FaceTime” isn’t an option even for another iPhone’s number.... only “video”, but I haven’t figured out how to get it to drill down to a FaceTime option from there yet via the extra phone number. Of course you can still to FaceTime using other AppleID options, so maybe your email shows up as the caller, rather than the extra number. More trials need to be run.
==
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 102
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018