Date: March 25, 2020 06:42AM
Posted on the wrong side.

Based on cell phone data. Click on a state to see county/city details

[www.unacast.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Social distancing scoreboard
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: March 25, 2020 08:50AM
My county (Nevada Co, CA) scored an A, at -48% travel). We're saving a lot on gas...

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: rgG
Date: March 25, 2020 09:35AM
Well, my mom's town scored as the best in the state!!!
There are mostly older people who live there, so maybe they are all staying home.

Actually now I don't know if it is Washington county, or Washington, GA. We have both.
Oh well, I know she is staying home.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2020 09:39AM by rgG.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: March 25, 2020 09:36AM
King County, WA. shows as A. I guess it was an improvement from 300k people spread across a few dozen business complexes, but people going to city parks, beaches, etc., was the reason that the governor enacted a statewide business shutdown and stay at home order.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Racer X
Date: March 25, 2020 09:51AM
yeah, those video clips in the news of people playing volleyball at Alki Beach in Seattle over the weekend, and everyone walking in clusters with their coffee window shopping pretty much told the story of Alfred E Newman "What? Me Worry?"
Posted by: clay
Date: March 25, 2020 09:52AM
My city scored an F (+27% avg distance). Surrounding county scored D (-20%). At least in my state (VA), it looks like the current areas hardest hit are getting the best scores, and the outlying areas haven't yet caught on. We're basically staying home full time at this point (have been for the past 12 days). But I guess a lot of people aren't (obviously). Including some extended family members in higher-risk groups. Grrrrrr....
Posted by: mattkime
Date: March 25, 2020 09:57AM
>But I guess a lot of people aren't (obviously). Including some extended family members in higher-risk groups. Grrrrrr....

We definitely have a patchwork quarantine. Obviously this is happening for a lot of reasons. I suspect part of the problem is that some people see this as a 'city problem' which is obviously dangerous and ridiculous. This is a place where political leadership could help and its obviously not there.

That said, this is a very flawed methodology. I've barely reduced the distance I move since I didn't go far before yet we're on full lockdown aside from groceries and medicine.

Posted by: Pam
Date: March 25, 2020 09:59AM
clay
My city scored an F (+27% avg distance). Surrounding county scored D (-20%). At least in my state (VA), it looks like the current areas hardest hit are getting the best scores, and the outlying areas haven't yet caught on. We're basically staying home full time at this point (have been for the past 12 days). But I guess a lot of people aren't (obviously). Including some extended family members in higher-risk groups. Grrrrrr....

I’m in Hampton and noticed the more rural areas were not yet onboard. Given hospital space in those areas they need to get cracking. I can attest to significantly less traffic on the roads and interstates.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: March 25, 2020 10:57AM
I'm not sure I believe this data. They're giving an A both to my own parish (county) and to my whole state, when in fact we've got one of the highest per capita infection rates in the country, and people are openly disobeying the Mayor's and Governor's stay-at-home orders...

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: Pam
Date: March 25, 2020 11:33AM
PeterB
I'm not sure I believe this data. They're giving an A both to my own parish (county) and to my whole state, when in fact we've got one of the highest per capita infection rates in the country, and people are openly disobeying the Mayor's and Governor's stay-at-home orders...

Look at the date, 3-21. There’s a lag. No doubt this isn’t a perfect method
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: March 25, 2020 11:34AM
My county's doing comparatively well at about -51% mobility.... We are keeping travel and contact(s) to a minimum.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 96
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018