Macintosh CI, er...Pi
Posted by: p8712
Date: March 25, 2020 12:28PM
Cool Retro Pi Case
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Macintosh CI, er...Pi
Posted by: Gareth
Date: March 25, 2020 12:50PM
The decal bit caught my attention. I'll have to look up more details on that at some point.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: March 25, 2020 12:56PM
Thats pretty sweet!

Posted by: GGD
Date: March 25, 2020 01:07PM
It's interesting if you read his description, he wasn't inspired by the IIci, but rather by the external SCSI hard drive cases. They all shared the same design language, so given the shape of the PI board it wound up looking like a IIci.

Since my childhood I'm a huge Apple fan. The day my father gave me an old Power Macintosh 8500/180 was like Christmas and birthday together (all nerds will understand why :-D) since then i started collecting old Apple Computer and love the design of those Retro Devices. A while ago i got a Raspberry Pie 4 Model B and i saw that it was possible to install MacOS Classic on it! BUT... The Cases available on the Market looks ugly and wouldn't fit to it. And buying old apple devices on ebay to put in the Raspberry is very expensive!!! So i decided to design and 3D Print my own Raspberry Pi Case that is Inspired by the old SCSI External Apple 20SC Drive. YES I'M A NERD! *WING
Have fun watching the Video! :-)
Posted by: GGD
Date: March 25, 2020 01:15PM
Does that Pi have an SD card slot? If would be great if it was positioned where the IIci floppy slot was.
Posted by: space-time
Date: March 25, 2020 05:32PM
GGD
Does that Pi have an SD card slot? If would be great if it was positioned where the IIci floppy slot was.

microSD. it is on the bottom of the PCB.
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: March 26, 2020 10:19AM
Neat. I guess he wasn't aware that there are CAD files of the various Pi boards that he could import into Fusion 360 to model around. Might have made laying out the board mounts and port openings a bit quicker.

There is also a Pi project to run Mac OS 7: Mac OS 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 124
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018