advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
FYI: Xfinity/Comcast refunding fee for Unlimited Data (March - May)
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: March 25, 2020 12:54PM
Just got an email that Xfinity will be crediting my account for my unlimited data fee:

"I'm writing to share that you will receive a credit for the cost associated with unlimited Internet data between March 13 and May 13. We are giving all Xfinity Internet customers unlimited Internet data at no additional cost during this period, in response to the novel coronavirus crisis".

ADDED:

Some regions (like mine) have data caps for internet usage from Comcast/Xfinity. In order to bypass this limitation, you have to pay an additional fee.

Since everyone in my region is getting their data caps removed as part of the stay-at-home situation, they're letting me know that I will be refunded for my data cap "bypass" fees.

If you don't have such fees, there's nothing to see here, so you can move along.

(BTW, it's spelled < y'all >.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2020 02:13PM by Zoidberg.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: FYI: Xfinity/Comcast refunding fee for Unlimited Data (March - May)
Posted by: GGD
Date: March 25, 2020 01:11PM
Zoidberg
Just got an email that Xfinity will be crediting my account for my unlimited data fee:

"I'm writing to share that you will receive a credit for the cost associated with unlimited Internet data between March 13 and May 13. We are giving all Xfinity Internet customers unlimited Internet data at no additional cost during this period, in response to the novel coronavirus crisis".

I wonder if they'll do the same for the $8 "Regional Sports Fee" that they tack on to every bill.
Posted by: space-time
Date: March 25, 2020 01:13PM
Zoidberg

is this for cable modem or for call phone?

I looked at my cable modem plan and I no longer see a data cap. it would appear they removed the data caps here in NJ
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: March 25, 2020 01:54PM
Must be wireless I don't see any such fee on my son's bill for his home internet service

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Date: March 25, 2020 01:59PM
Some regions (like mine) have data caps from Comcast/Xfinity.

In order to bypass the cap, you have to pay an additional fee.

Since everyone in my region is getting their data caps removed as part of the stay-at-home situation, they're letting me know that I will be refunded for my data cap "bypass" fees.

If you don't have such fees, there's nothing to see here, so you can move along.

Posted by: ArtP
Date: March 25, 2020 10:51PM
Sucks that Xfinity just did/tried to do a rate increase on me this month with all this Virus stuff and unemployment/layoffs going on.

I have Blast Internet and barebones channels (local plus a dozen others) and my bill would have increased by $20. They gave me more channels for the same expensive rate and also "gave" me a $10 discount for autopay for letting them screw me over for another 2 years. Still a $10 increase from where i was.

I've been with them since 2003 so I guess I am not going too far/away.
Date: March 26, 2020 10:10AM
FWIW, I'm internet only. I think once I re-upped to barebones channels to get a discount on the internet feed. As their customers are revenue streams, they're always pushing some @#$%& you don't want.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 124
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018