advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
"Renew DHCP Lease" helps web pages load?
Posted by: jardster
Date: March 26, 2020 06:29AM
Recently, Chrome browser (mostly, although sometimes happens in Safari) seems to hang when trying to load pages. It'll just sit there and do nothing. I've found that if I "Renew DHCP Lease" in the network system preference, the page then loads immediately.

Any thoughts as to why this is and any setting that I might change so I'm not having to do this all day.

Yeah, I could use Safari, but it happens there sometimes as well, and all of my passwords are saved in Chrome.

TIA

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: "Renew DHCP Lease" helps web pages load?
Posted by: mattkime
Date: March 26, 2020 09:11AM
Look to see if the dns server is being updated when you do this.

You might also try setting your own dns server such as 1.1.1.1 - [blog.cloudflare.com]

Posted by: Carm
Date: March 26, 2020 11:53AM
Sounds like DNS issue
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: March 26, 2020 12:39PM
DHCP is used to automatically assign IP addresses to devices attempting to connect to your LAN. The DHCP lease defines for how long the assigned IP will work. It sounds like your DHCP server (probably built into your cable router) is not renewing DHCP leases automatically, as is typically done. Check your DHCP settings in your router.

It is what it is.
Posted by: clay
Date: March 26, 2020 03:41PM
reboot your router and modem if you haven't already. And computer(s) or any devices that connect to your network. The same IP address may be getting used by multiple devices, causing issues. Or some other similar issue.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 193
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018