advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Air fryer recommendation
Posted by: davemchine
Date: March 27, 2020 07:37PM
I was thinking about buying a fryer and making french fries or maybe mushroom and my wife said, "buy an air fryer". Sounds good to me. I'm looking at the Philips TurboStar Technology Airfryer, Digital Interface, 1.8lb/2.75qt- HD9641/96 because it was recommended and gets good reviews. Anything else I should consider? Here's the link [www.amazon.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Air fryer recommendation
Posted by: graylocks
Date: March 27, 2020 08:39PM
Because counter space is at a premium in my kitchen and I happened to hate the toaster oven i had I went with the Chefman Air Fryer Toaster Oven

a recent purchase and still learning my way around it. at the very least, it does make good toast. so far have done new potato wedges and frozen french fries both of which came out well. baked corn muffins in it last night. going to air fry pork chops and brussel sprouts this week.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: March 27, 2020 09:01PM
We recently bought this big oven style air fryer recently and like it so far. We tried sliced zucchini, squash and portobello's in it this week with a little olive oil and it was very good.

[www.bestbuy.com]

Grateful11
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: March 27, 2020 09:06PM
I'm liking my Ninja Foodi, with multiple functions. "Air Crisp" is their brand name for the air fryer part, that is my favorite function. Also have used the pressure cook function with success. I have not used the slow cooker function yet, as I have other larger crock pots.
To save space, I suggest a multi function unit like this or other comparable brands. One unit to store, not several.

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Posted by: John B.
Date: March 27, 2020 09:07PM
I bought one of the Bella air fryer ovens from Best Buy (like Grateful11 linked) over the holidays, replacing a drop-basket dedicated air fryer (not as fancy as the Phillips in the original post).

The Bella also replaced an existing countertop toaster oven, so I got some space back by combining two appliances into one. What I've also found with the oven-type air fryer is that a) it has much more capacity than the drop-basket one I had, and b) it's faster at cooking items than the drop-basket one.

Best Buy seems to put the Bella model up as "Deal of the Day" in the $69.99 price range about once a month.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: March 27, 2020 10:08PM
might consider this take - [thewirecutter.com]

Posted by: davemchine
Date: March 27, 2020 10:29PM
The Wirecutter article is very interesting as it recommends a convection toaster oven over a dedicated air fryer. My understand is that they can both operate at the same temperature but the air fryer could have more air movement but this article seems to indicate that isn't the case. If a convection oven is as good as an air fryer then my traditional GE convection oven should do the job? Now I'm confused.
Posted by: testcase
Date: March 28, 2020 12:04AM
I bought a Farberware Convection~Toaster~AirFryer oven ~ 1.5 years ago at a Walmart and am happy with it. Cost ~ $70 back then.
Posted by: kurtzie
Date: March 28, 2020 08:30AM
davemchine
The Wirecutter article is very interesting as it recommends a convection toaster oven over a dedicated air fryer. My understand is that they can both operate at the same temperature but the air fryer could have more air movement but this article seems to indicate that isn't the case. If a convection oven is as good as an air fryer then my traditional GE convection oven should do the job? Now I'm confused.

Start here. Both our Oven and Microwave have convection settings. The microwave came with "accessories" for using the convection setting. Racks and a pan. We bought a wire pizza pan to use in the oven. Someone here recommended starting this way.

Steve
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: March 28, 2020 01:30PM
Panasonic NB-W250S High Speed Convection Toaster Oven
Panasonic

My earlier posts (w/ links)

• Digital controls, s-s exterior, uses std. quarter size bakeware
  • Air Frys
  • Bakes: I do 12" Pizza, Pies, Biscuits....
  • Broils, Great for browning sous vide cooked meats!
  • Toasts Bagels
  • Roasts
  • It's also a food warmer.
  • oh, and it toasts bread too!

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

The search engine that doesn't track you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 150
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018