advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
What is Apple’s current/COVID prompted return policy?
Posted by: robfilms
Date: April 10, 2020 06:35AM
We have a new 2020 MBA coming in the next two weeks.

Since ordering, my wife has occasionally borrowed one of the two 2015 MBAs that our currently in our sheltering in place household.

She was not thrilled with using a trackpad.

I’m just wondering if the 2020 MBA will work for her.

Probably, since she does most likely need to work from home through May.

I know Apple had their standard 14 days return policy.

I wonder if that has changed since COVID.

TIA

Stay well.

Rob
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: What is Apple’s current/COVID prompted return policy?
Posted by: PeterW
Date: April 10, 2020 06:40AM
If she doesn’t like a trackpad, get her a BT mouse.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: April 10, 2020 07:03AM
PeterW

Agree. OTOH. I never knew why so many people hated trackpads until I used the dells and Lenovos at work! They are horrible. PC users are amazed by how smooth and responsive the trackpad on my MacBook is!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: April 10, 2020 07:56AM
Rolando
PeterW

Agree. OTOH. I never knew why so many people hated trackpads until I used the dells and Lenovos at work! They are horrible. PC users are amazed by how smooth and responsive the trackpad on my MacBook is!

PC trackpads are awful. I really wish there was one for the PC that worked as well as the Mac version.
Posted by: space-time
Date: April 10, 2020 08:59AM
I have a Dell Precision 5520 from work, trackpad is just as good as those on Macs.
Posted by: datbeme
Date: April 10, 2020 10:15AM
I'd have a hard time believing this would be a dealbreaker, but I do understand her aversion to the trackpad. My primary computer has been Macbook Pro for many years, and I much prefer a mouse for extended use. The rest of my family uses trackpads exclusively, but I find them more fatiguing and less efficient. It probably just takes time to acclimate to it, but external is always an option.

I don't know anything about the return policies.
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: April 10, 2020 10:35AM
I agree with other comments re/just get her a mouse. Nothing says you have to use the trackpad.

For me, it was fine having it built-in to my MacBook Pro; I used it to wake the system, do some simple moving around, but I stuck with my Logitech M570 as it works best for my needs. Ditto an Kinesis FreeStyle keyboard. (Essentially my MBP was a portable Mac with a built-in screen & keyboard/trackpad.)

I never did get into using the trackpad for my workflow; it either just wasn't conducive to the work I did or I was just too old a dog.

BTW, it's spelled y'all
Posted by: kurtzie
Date: April 10, 2020 10:50AM
When I got my first laptop, I forced myself to use the track pad. It took awhile to get used to it, but now I can switch back and forth between mouse and trackpad.

My MIL was abel to get used to a trackpad, but my Mom could never get her MacBook Pro to click. It wan't the track pad, it worked fine for me.

So to each their own.

Steve
Posted by: robfilms
Date: April 10, 2020 01:35PM
I appreciate the trackpad/mouse suggestions.

Thanks for the sharing.

Anyone know about Apple’s current return policy?

I’m just asking.

Stay well.

Rob
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: April 10, 2020 02:32PM
Rob,

Apple has not announced any change to their 14-day return policy since the emergence of covid-19.

Thanks for asking.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: bhaveshp
Date: April 10, 2020 04:34PM
From [www.apple.com] "Temporary Retail Store Closures FAQ"

Q: I want to return a product I recently purchased but the 14-day return period will end during the retail store closure—what should I do?

A: Don’t worry. We’ll accept your return up to 14 days after we reopen.*

*Exclusions: Connected iPhones (JP, AU); Trade-in devices (value of device can be given in form of gift card); Carrier Financing for iPhone (CA only)
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: April 10, 2020 05:15PM
bhaveshp
From [www.apple.com] "Temporary Retail Store Closures FAQ"

Q: I want to return a product I recently purchased but the 14-day return period will end during the retail store closure—what should I do?

A: Don’t worry. We’ll accept your return up to 14 days after we reopen.*

*Exclusions: Connected iPhones (JP, AU); Trade-in devices (value of device can be given in form of gift card); Carrier Financing for iPhone (CA only)

Hmmm - thanks for finding that, bhaveshp! That's an ambiguous statement, though, and I wouldn't trust that it means that purchases made after retail store closures would enjoy the same extension....

If I were really concerned about not being able to decide whether I wanted to keep it after 14 days, I'd call Apple support directly. Keep in mind that you just need to start the return process within 14 days of receiving the product - it doesn't need to be received by Apple in that period.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Article Accelerator
Date: April 10, 2020 06:30PM
space-time
I have a Dell Precision 5520 from work, trackpad is just as good as those on Macs.

Really? Does it support multi-touch gestures? How about force-click and haptic feedback?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 182
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018