advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
If you've ever wondered what a Hurdy Gurdy sounds like....
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: April 12, 2020 09:43PM
Here's your chance;
[youtu.be]

Talented young lady. Check out some of her other videos for her singing talents as well... such as;
[youtu.be]

I think I must have heard a Hurdy Gurdy before, I just thought it was more than one instrument being played! Quite a versatile wind up, push-key, stringed instrument.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: If you've ever wondered what a Hurdy Gurdy sounds like....
Posted by: Racer X
Date: April 12, 2020 09:49PM
The opening credits of the series "Black Sails" used one. [www.youtube.com]

great series btw.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2020 09:52PM by Racer X.
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: April 12, 2020 09:58PM
Racer X
The opening credits of the series "Black Sails" used one. [www.youtube.com]

great series btw.

Got that show in my queue... Keep meaning to get to it.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: Racer X
Date: April 12, 2020 10:18PM
I really enjoyed it a lot. Some great talent and I think a fair degree of historical accuracy with clothing and behavior.

I might rewatch it straight through again. I have found that a lot of shows made for premium cable or streaming have too slow pacing. I usually watch on VLC, which lets me speed up playback. 8 or 11% is a huge help most of the time. Justified, Ozark, Breaking Bad and Saul are great examples.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: jdc
Date: April 12, 2020 10:33PM
Interesting, but couldnt watch the video, thought I was gonna get sick with all the back and forth camera cuts.

black sails is a sold B/B+ show... as a heads up really NSFW, some of it a touch much. If you are a little put off by over the top nudity/sex, violence and blood/gore/death... maybe not the best.

If you saw Deadwood (also excellent) which I thought was a bit crass.. Black Sails is worse.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: davec
Date: April 13, 2020 12:41AM
My son, an animal ecology major, became inspired to construct a Hurdy-Gurdy. He used sheets of plywood and basswood and the university laser cutter to cut out the wood pieces and then used the 3-D printer to create other pieces. He just purchased the strings and the final parts he has ordered are the tuning gears. I'm rather impressed with what he has accomplished!
Dave

[drive.google.com]

...on the trailing edge of technology.
Posted by: Sam3
Date: April 13, 2020 07:28AM
davec
My son, an animal ecology major, became inspired to construct a Hurdy-Gurdy. He used sheets of plywood and basswood and the university laser cutter to cut out the wood pieces and then used the 3-D printer to create other pieces. He just purchased the strings and the final parts he has ordered are the tuning gears. I'm rather impressed with what he has accomplished!
Dave

[drive.google.com]

Nice!

I got interested in Patty Gurdy through her former Pirate Folk metal band Storm Seeker - Hurdy-Gurdy and cello in a metal setting.

[www.youtube.com]

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Posted by: JoeH
Date: April 13, 2020 06:22PM
Paige & Plant from the Unledded appearance for MTV's Unplugged included a hurdy gurdy, for example during Galows Pole - [www.youtube.com]
Posted by: Speedy
Date: April 13, 2020 09:44PM
davec
Dave

[drive.google.com]

Good for him!

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 243
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018