advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
What's something good happening for you and yours right now?
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: April 14, 2020 06:13PM
Forumites, feel free to share some good things in this odd time.

I am getting into a shape that resembles less of a circle. Going to chalk it up to more exercise.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: What's something good happening for you and yours right now?
Posted by: Cary
Date: April 14, 2020 06:14PM
My work commute is down from an hour to 20 minutes.
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: April 14, 2020 06:57PM
Our monthly gas bill has gone down from $600 a month to about $80 this month...

I retired 4 years ago and my wife has continued working, now from home, we're calling it "practice retirement"...

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: hal
Date: April 14, 2020 07:11PM
After a couple of months, my foot is beginning to show improvement... I might be backpacking again after all this summer.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: April 14, 2020 07:36PM
Cousin just had a baby. Her hubby tested negative for COVID-19 so they let him into the delivery room.

Posted by: Spiff
Date: April 14, 2020 07:48PM
I’ve lost some weight, though not by exercise. It’s by not eating as much.
Posted by: Harooneneutics
Date: April 14, 2020 08:00PM
Fired up the grill for the first time this season and enjoyed some kebobs. (And then it started snowing!)
Posted by: Speedy
Date: April 14, 2020 08:17PM
Enjoying our shelter-in-place in a nice warm climate (mid 80’s) while back home it didn’t get above freezing today (high was 27). We do get out and about most days for a little exercise.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 14, 2020 08:57PM
....mid-life crisis......??

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: April 14, 2020 09:56PM
Mrs. Anonymouse looks like she's getting two job offers that she's pretty interested in.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: April 14, 2020 10:01PM
Cary
My work commute is down from an hour to 20 minutes.

Mine is down to 15 seconds. grinning smiley

I'm grateful to still be working.

It is what it is.
Posted by: JoeM
Date: April 14, 2020 10:28PM
Wife still has her job, she’s working from home and their business is up 30%. We were able to get a few masks for when we need to venture out of the air lock into the void. So far we have been fortunate to have plenty of food and paper products. I’m getting close to a final mix on a new/old song. And my new MP gets delivered tomorrow! smiling smiley

Although there’s some health issues for me now which slow me down, I am truly thankful for all we have, for being retired and I pray every day for those out there working so hard to care for everyone who is struggling with this virus and every day for those with it and those that pass due to it.

JoeM
Posted by: testcase
Date: April 14, 2020 10:36PM
The Sam's Club ~ 40 miles away had some nice Black Angus T-Bone steaks last week. They were delicious! yum smiley

But still NO disinfecting wipes (Clorox, Lysol or house brand).
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 14, 2020 11:03PM
.....listening to.....'the thong song'.....a lot.........these days.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Rolando
Date: April 14, 2020 11:08PM
I found I can still put away a good amount of Tequila and am grilling more at home.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Racer X
Date: April 15, 2020 02:18AM
Getting some gunsmithing done to build a custom Ruger 10/22, which in the state of Washington is considered an assault rifle. Yeah, if you are a family of rats maybe. And waiting on one last part to assemble my FrankenRuger Mark II/III target pistol for my partner.

Got my 2 quad core Xeon 3.0 processors to swap into my dual quad 2.8 MacPro 3.1. For $27 shipped, why not? Still need 2 4 gig stick for 32 total RAM.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2020 09:20AM by Racer X.
Posted by: Bernie
Date: April 15, 2020 07:35AM
We signed up for Disney+ and have been watching the Marvel movies in order. We watch one with lunch almost daily. Yesterday we did the last two Avenger movies back to back because.......

Animal Crossing on the Switch and Animal Crossing mobile on the iPad fill in much of the day.

DAMN the temperature swings and Pollen!

Staunton, Virginia
Posted by: DP
Date: April 15, 2020 11:20AM
My family are all well. Am getting a lot of yard work done (but not today because it's snowing) and am getting house projects moving, albeit slowly. Helping the economy a little as I had to buy a new washing machine yesterday as ours crapped out three weeks ago.

And I am losing a little weight...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: April 15, 2020 12:40PM
Started a new FT job end of March ... first one since 2009 actually (!) but C19 prevented me from taking a quick tour around the country first to see friends and family before getting locked into a work schedule.

Very grateful to now be employed in this strange and uncertain time, and my wife still has her self-employment too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 163
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018