advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
I'm thinking about taking my 6s to Batteries + Bulbs for a battery replacement
Posted by: AllGold
Date: April 15, 2020 02:38PM
Since all the Apple Stores are closed and my 6s battery is toast.

Anyone have experience with an iPhone battery replacement there?

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I'm thinking about taking my 6s to Batteries + Bulbs for a battery replacement
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: April 15, 2020 04:15PM
I've got the 6S and recently let the same local small shop that replaced the front glass also replace the battery while they were at it. If they're competent, you should be fine. You'll like the improved battery life.

Mac Pro 2013 3.7GHz Quad-Core, 32G RAM Catalina 10.15.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs11" i5 MacBook Air
Re: I'm thinking about taking my 6s to Batteries + Bulbs for a battery replacement
Posted by: wowzer
Date: April 15, 2020 06:51PM
The 6S is nearing EOL. Isn't the next update supposed to pass by the 6S? OTOH, it was a great phone.

All I ever really needed to know, I learned from watching Star Trek.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: April 15, 2020 07:10PM
Yes, the 6s is getting pretty long in the tooth. But $49 or $59 for a new battery is a lot cheaper than a new phone.

Posted by: GGD
Date: April 15, 2020 07:24PM
wowzer
The 6S is nearing EOL. Isn't the next update supposed to pass by the 6S? OTOH, it was a great phone.

The 6S was still being sold new by Apple until Sept 2018, so I doubt they'll drop support for it just two years after they stopped selling it.

And the SE was based on the 6S and Apple was still selling that through their clearance store about a year ago, so they could still be under AppleCare until sometime in 2021. So the OS will need to support the 6S feature set in order to support the SE.
Posted by: jdc
Date: April 15, 2020 07:27PM
AllGold
Since all the Apple Stores are closed and my 6s battery is toast.

Anyone have experience with an iPhone battery replacement there?

Depends on the cost... since iPhone 9 is $500...

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: pqrst
Date: April 16, 2020 04:16AM
I’ve got a 6s plus and like it. But I suspect it one iOS update from being not updated.
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: April 16, 2020 07:33AM
pqrst
I’ve got a 6s plus and like it. But I suspect it one iOS update from being not updated.

Ha, feeling the same. Checking out the options to see what I'll upgrade to. I like my 6S form factor, and it looks like this new SE that just came out this week is similar, just more goodies all around. I like the idea of a video stabilization feature. We'll see.

Mac Pro 2013 3.7GHz Quad-Core, 32G RAM Catalina 10.15.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs11" i5 MacBook Air
Posted by: sekker
Date: April 16, 2020 12:07PM
That's a fine phone, getting a new battery will both extend the life and make it good as a hand-me-down too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 124
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018