advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
eBay questions
Posted by: space-time
Date: April 18, 2020 08:32AM
I am searching for prices on sold items to gauge the potential price on an ongoing auction. When searching for older items, there are " Completed listings" and "Sold listings". if I look at completed, does that include the Sold items? Also it seems they only show 3 or 6 month results. Is there a way to search for older results?

I am looking at an item. There is a new one at Auction, and 3 pre-owned that are fixed prices. I am tempted to try to bid on the new item which has no bids at the moment and lower price (but slightly higher shipping charge). I set up an alarm 15 min before the auction ends, and I plan to lot in and bid right 1-2 min before the end of the auction. Any other advice?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: eBay questions
Posted by: voodoopenguin
Date: April 18, 2020 09:09AM
Completed shows sold and unsold and Sold shows ones that actually sold. What Sold ones don't show is the actual price it sold for if best Offer was used, still shows up at the full price. EBay only keeps details for 3 months usually, your own transaction details will be in the email/messages.

Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2020 09:10AM by voodoopenguin.
Posted by: Acer
Date: April 18, 2020 10:05AM
If your internet connection is reliable, and you don't want to use a sniping service, consider sending your bid inside the last minute to 30 seconds, or even closer if you can stand it. The last two minutes are an eternity in eBay time.
Posted by: pdq
Date: April 18, 2020 10:10AM
In “completed” listings, the ones that sold have the price shown in green, while the unsold ones have the price in black.
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: April 18, 2020 11:09AM
Logically speaking, all sold items are completed, but not all completed items are sold.

And ditto what PDQ said re/colors & prices shown in either (green = sold, black = unsold).

FWIW, the bulk of my sold items in the last 3 or 4 months have been bids at the last second. Seems like everyone is using sniping programs these days.

(BTW, it's spelled < y'all >.)
Posted by: space-time
Date: April 18, 2020 11:32AM
Logically speaking, all sold items are completed, but not all completed items are sold.

I see the Logic, but I was not sure how they classify those with But In Now or where a lower offer was accepted. They are definitely Sold, but the listing did not expired, so I was not sure f they are completed, ha ha.

Anyway, also good to know about various colors and also about bidding in the lasts few minutes.
Posted by: Michael
Date: April 19, 2020 04:24AM
Acer
If your internet connection is reliable, and you don't want to use a sniping service, consider sending your bid inside the last minute to 30 seconds, or even closer if you can stand it. The last two minutes are an eternity in eBay time.

If I want to manually snipe, I get on in the last couple of minutes and reload the item a number of times to see how fast the system is at that moment. Assuming it's working well, I'll get my bid ready and then finalize and submit it with 3 seconds to go. It works pretty well but I rarely buy things that aren't buy-it-now anymore.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 120
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018