advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
What do ramadan and anticancer proteomic signature and upregulates key regulatory proteins of glucose and lipid metabolism, circadian clock, DNA repair, cytoskeleton remodeling, immune system and cognitive function in healthy subjects have in common?
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: April 21, 2020 03:07PM
[www.sciencedirect.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: What do ramadan and anticancer proteomic signature and upregulates key regulatory proteins of glucose and lipid metabolism, circadian clock, DNA repair, cytoskeleton remodeling, immune system and cognitive function in healthy subjects have in common?
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: April 21, 2020 03:08PM

It is what it is.
Re: What do ramadan and anticancer proteomic signature and upregulates key regulatory proteins of glucose and lipid metabolism, circadian clock, DNA repair, cytoskeleton remodeling, immune system and cognitive function in healthy subjects have in common?
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: April 21, 2020 03:18PM
Translation/tl;dr

Ramadan can be observed and analysed as a form of intermittent fasting, to determine if this change in eating patterns is associated with beneficial effects. After careful and rigorous study, it appears that this practice does enhance production of beneficial proteins and other factors.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: April 21, 2020 03:30PM
What if you fast from sunset to dawn instead? Because I do the 14 hour+ fast everyday.

Don't know about these other bene's but I can confirm it helps you lose weight.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: April 21, 2020 03:45PM
What do you do in the Summer if you live above the the Arctic Circle?

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: April 21, 2020 04:50PM
You die, of course.

Filliam H. Muffman
What do you do in the Summer if you live above the the Arctic Circle?
Posted by: wave rider
Date: April 21, 2020 05:46PM
They have in common, impressively, that they can all fit in the subject field at once!

=wr=
Posted by: wowzer
Date: April 21, 2020 06:48PM
Don't eat for 14 hours and you have less cancer, better glucose metabolism, better immune system, cognition, and better cellular mechanics.

I've been doing this for the better part of 35 years...maybe that's why people say I look like I'm in my early 30's. All I know is that I feel better by not eating for an extended period.

All I ever really needed to know, I learned from watching Star Trek.
Posted by: hal
Date: April 21, 2020 07:06PM
wowzer
All I know is that I feel better by not eating for an extended period.

when I don't eat for an extended period, I get hungry.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: April 21, 2020 07:58PM
wowzer
Don't eat for 14 hours and you have less cancer, better glucose metabolism, better immune system, cognition, and better cellular mechanics.

I've been doing this for the better part of 35 years...maybe that's why people say I look like I'm in my early 30's. All I know is that I feel better by not eating for an extended period.

Yeah, people look at me weird when I tell them lunch is my only meal of the day. Like you, I look younger than my age, although I have no idea what I should attribute that to.

It is what it is.
Posted by: Wags
Date: April 21, 2020 09:21PM
No liquids? Count me out.
Date: April 22, 2020 10:17AM
Yeah, I wonder about that part myself.
I have tried out both regular fasting and intermittent fasting, and I really like the results I get from both. Takes a chunk of effort to get started, and then after the first day, it's not too bad.

Wags
Posted by: Acer
Date: April 22, 2020 10:29AM
This winter I mostly gave up breakfast. A cup of tea (yes, with sugar, I'm no barbarian!) gets me through to lunch. Breakfast was usually cereal carbs, anyway. So, not extreme fasting, but it does extend the overnight fast to at least 12 hours. Dropped about 10 that way without much inconvenience.

Does not sound like much, but I've got a skinny frame, so 10 is more than it sounds. Biggest benefit to prove it's doing something: It has really reduced the positional heartburn I would often get while sleeping.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: April 22, 2020 05:55PM
anonymouse1
Yeah, I wonder about that part myself.
I have tried out both regular fasting and intermittent fasting, and I really like the results I get from both. Takes a chunk of effort to get started, and then after the first day, it's not too bad.

Wags

About no liquids during Ramadan fasting- this is to bring about a deeper affinity for people who are without the basics of life, including fresh water, and to be mindful of that throughout the entire year, working to alleviate the suffering of others and provide for their basic needs. People who are ill, the elderly and children, and nursing Moms are exempt from fasting.

Intermittent fasting for good health or weight loss does not include going without water - if there is a plan that does I've never come across it and wouldn't recommend following it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2020 05:55PM by Lemon Drop.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 132
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018