advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
air gauge
Posted by: Fritz
Date: April 22, 2020 04:01PM
neighbor gave me one of them 12v pumps. works well and saves my back. But it has no gauge. My tires are presta.
Is there such thing as a thru gauge that one clamps a pump onto one side and a tire hose on the other side? Or is there only a stand alone gauge?

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: air gauge
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: April 22, 2020 05:04PM
I have a Begost that quick connects to my compressor:

Paid $10 @ bezosville but it's NLA, plenty of similar ones listed though.

Also have a digital handheld Rhino 150psi, $9 @ bezosville.

Both are accurate. My gripe with all the handhelds like the Rhino are the button cell
batteries they use. I'd rather have it either a couple of AAA's or USB recharge.

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

The search engine that doesn't track you.

Date: April 22, 2020 05:14PM
the begost connects to a contractor type compressor I assume?

I hate the button cells too. Why these things aren't USB is weak.
I'm not for batts of any kind other than the car.

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: April 22, 2020 05:36PM
I might be able to find the right parts to make one at a good old fashioned hardware store, but it would likely cost at least $20 for everything.

The only similar items to the Begost that are in stock are all $23 to $38. You can remove the quick connector, replace it with a barbed hose connector and hose clamp on the end of the compressor hose.

I have a pressure gauge like this but it's close to 20 years old and I have never replaced a battery in it. I think it's brand was 'monkey grip.'

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: April 22, 2020 06:37PM
most 12 volt compressors come with a chuck designed for schrader valves. You would need to use an adapter to connect it to a presta valve.
Date: April 22, 2020 06:39PM
it has the adapter. I wanted to find a thru gauge so I could see the pressure "in-line".
But apparently not.

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: tenders
Date: April 22, 2020 07:24PM
For what you spend on the gauge you could just as easily buy a 12V pump that has a gauge. He gave you that pump for a reason: there are better ones out there.

All those pumps are pretty cheaply made and have limited utility. Even cheap 120V "pancake" compressors like you can get from Harbor Freight or Home Depot are much more useful and durable - and not all that expensive.

This is the gold standard for compressor inflators with an in-line gauge.
[www.amazon.com]
Date: April 22, 2020 07:45PM
nah, he gave me the pump coz he has commercial contractor one.

!#$@@$#!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 129
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018