advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
What actor/actress would you want to portray you in a movie?
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: April 28, 2020 07:41PM
I think Brad Pitt would be the most accurate portrayal of me. smiley-music039

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: What actor/actress would you want to portray you in a movie?
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: April 28, 2020 08:02PM
James Stewart.

Posted by: archipirata
Date: April 28, 2020 08:02PM
This guy. Add a good bit more gray and we could be twins.

Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: April 28, 2020 08:17PM
Bryan Cranston

[www.youtube.com]

In tha 360. MRF User Map

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2020 12:04PM by Filliam H. Muffman.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: April 28, 2020 08:18PM
Dr. Fauci.

It is what it is.
Posted by: davester
Date: April 28, 2020 08:35PM
Sean Connery from 50 years ago.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: jonny
Date: April 28, 2020 09:14PM
davester

Posted by: steve...
Date: April 28, 2020 09:16PM
Sarcany
James Stewart.

Same here. thumbs up Don't know of contemporary actors who might be similar.

Northern California Coast
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: April 28, 2020 09:18PM
Tim Allen

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: Yoyodyne ArtWorks
Date: April 28, 2020 09:24PM
Jack Elam

Posted by: davester
Date: April 28, 2020 09:47PM
jonny
davester

I said 50, not 46!

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: April 28, 2020 09:47PM
Slim Pickens

Mac Pro 2013 3.7GHz Quad-Core, 32G RAM Catalina 10.15.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs11" i5 MacBook Air
Posted by: RgrF
Date: April 28, 2020 09:58PM
Well since we're grave robbing...

Posted by: vision63
Date: April 28, 2020 10:31PM
Don Cheadle could capture all the nuances of my triple threats.

Posted by: timg
Date: April 28, 2020 10:49PM
maybe Kevin James ...

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Posted by: testcase
Date: April 28, 2020 11:27PM
Howard the Duck............. ROTFL
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: April 28, 2020 11:55PM
In a completely unrealistic dream world, an actor who could do a somewhat realistic interpretation of a Southern accent like mine. That criteria alone eliminates basically all US actors, so...

Either Colin Farrell *

Or Andrew Lincoln **

* No, I'm not anywhere near as good-looking as he is but we have the same coloring and the man can act.

** Southern accent ON POINT!

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

"I don't see color, I just see ugly" - Joe Jitsukawa
Posted by: Speedy
Date: April 29, 2020 12:00AM
Alicia Vikander.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: April 29, 2020 12:56AM
Thrift Store Scott
In a completely unrealistic dream world, an actor who could do a somewhat realistic interpretation of a Southern accent like mine. That criteria alone eliminates basically all US actors, so...

Either Colin Farrell *

Or Andrew Lincoln **

* No, I'm not anywhere near as good-looking as he is but we have the same coloring and the man can act.

I don't know you IRL, but I'm guessing from your description, that another good candidate would be David Keith ... a very fine actor, and a Southerner by birth, so the accent is real.

As for who to play me, I'm going to make some oddball choices. In an ideal world, maybe Benedict Cumberbatch or Sam Neill. In a less-than-ideal world, Tobey Maguire.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: Racer X
Date: April 29, 2020 12:57AM
jim belushi

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: April 29, 2020 07:33AM
Josh Gad/Jack Black would be about the right build for me...
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: April 29, 2020 09:02AM
Patton Oswalt

(BTW, it's spelled < y'all >.)
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: April 29, 2020 09:09AM
Bill in NC
Josh Gad/Jack Black would be about the right build for me...

LOL...I should have said Jack Black as he is my 2nd cousin

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: April 29, 2020 09:14AM
Rick Moranis.
I've been stopped already, and my autograph requested, by a family who thought I was him.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: April 29, 2020 09:15AM
(duplicate post deleted)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2020 10:46AM by S. Pupp.
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: April 29, 2020 09:51AM
Homer Simpson

My dr looks quite a bit like Dan Akroyd.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2020 09:52AM by ztirffritz.
Date: April 29, 2020 09:54AM
PeterB
Thrift Store Scott

Either Colin Farrell *

Or Andrew Lincoln **

I don't know you IRL, but I'm guessing from your description, that another good candidate would be David Keith ... a very fine actor, and a Southerner by birth, so the accent is real.

I'm familiar with David Keith. I liked him when I first saw him in Brubaker. I would've liked to have seen more of his work but he built a career out of starring in films I have no interest whatsoever in watching, sadly. He has very different coloring from me but he'd be dead-on as my dad's brother.

Dominic Cooper is another one I wouldn't mind seeing portray me.

PeterB
As for who to play me, I'm going to make some oddball choices. In an ideal world, maybe Benedict Cumberbatch or Sam Neill. In a less-than-ideal world, Tobey Maguire.

Interesting choices. I can easily see Tobey Maguire and Sam Neill playing younger and older versions of the same character.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

Posted by: Steve G.
Date: April 29, 2020 12:10PM

Douglas Fairbanks Sr.
(same Jewish good looks and talent)
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: April 29, 2020 12:27PM
Probably Adam Horovitz.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: April 29, 2020 01:14PM
steve...
Sarcany
James Stewart.

Same here. thumbs up Don't know of contemporary actors who might be similar.

Also, I really want to hear him stutter through an explanation of RAID levels and fibre channel cable spec's.

Posted by: Buck
Date: April 29, 2020 01:58PM
John Wayne
Clint Eastwood
Date: April 29, 2020 02:48PM
Thrift Store Scott
PeterB
Thrift Store Scott

Either Colin Farrell *

Or Andrew Lincoln **

I'm familiar with David Keith. I liked him when I first saw him in Brubaker. I would've liked to have seen more of his work but he built a career out of starring in films I have no interest whatsoever in watching, sadly. He has very different coloring from me but he'd be dead-on as my dad's brother.

Interesting what you said about David Keith ... not sure to which films you're referring. I last caught him in a Law and Order SVU episode, and he was excellent. He also played the dad in the Firestarter film from the 80's and was great in that too.

Thrift Store Scott
PeterB

Interesting choices. I can easily see Tobey Maguire and Sam Neill playing younger and older versions of the same character.

Yep, I was also thinking maybe a young Jeff Goldblum ... basically the shy, geeky guy who becomes a little more secure with himself as he ages. Also, a Merlin-type, which ironically is one of the roles that Sam Neill was great in ... I had also been thinking of Colin Morgan, who played a younger version of the same character and also fits well with such a character.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2020 02:49PM by PeterB.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: April 29, 2020 02:59PM
PeterB

Yep, I was also thinking maybe a young Jeff Goldblum ... basically the shy, geeky guy who becomes a little more secure with himself as he ages.

not to mention 6'4" and sexy, right?
Date: April 29, 2020 05:00PM
PeterB
Thrift Store Scott
PeterB
Thrift Store Scott

Either Colin Farrell *

Or Andrew Lincoln **

Interesting what you said about David Keith ... not sure to which films you're referring. I last caught him in a Law and Order SVU episode, and he was excellent. He also played the dad in the Firestarter film from the 80's and was great in that too.

I always forget about him being in Firestarter, possibly because due to a series of random unfortunate incidents I've never actually seen that film. I've read the book several times, but the film has thus far eluded me.

PeterB
Thrift Store Scott
PeterB

Yep, I was also thinking maybe a young Jeff Goldblum ... basically the shy, geeky guy who becomes a little more secure with himself as he ages. Also, a Merlin-type, which ironically is one of the roles that Sam Neill was great in ... I had also been thinking of Colin Morgan, who played a younger version of the same character and also fits well with such a character.

Jeff Goldblum, huh? Accent aside I was going for actors who bore at least a take-your-glasses-off-and-squint-from-a-distance passing resemblance to me, but I'm guessing you're going more for acting chops over basic physical similarity because Cumberbatch, Neill, Maguire, and Goldblum aren't likely to ever be confused with one another.

Posted by: Rick-o
Date: April 29, 2020 05:09PM
Ahnold!

"I'll be back!"

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Date: April 29, 2020 08:30PM
Thrift Store Scott
I always forget about him being in Firestarter, possibly because due to a series of random unfortunate incidents I've never actually seen that film. I've read the book several times, but the film has thus far eluded me.

NOT a good movie (not a terrible one either though), but he's actually quite good in it.

Thrift Store Scott
Jeff Goldblum, huh? Accent aside I was going for actors who bore at least a take-your-glasses-off-and-squint-from-a-distance passing resemblance to me, but I'm guessing you're going more for acting chops over basic physical similarity because Cumberbatch, Neill, Maguire, and Goldblum aren't likely to ever be confused with one another.

Yeah, it's not so much about physical similarity, as it is a "type". Jeff Goldblum in The Fly or Invasion of the Body Snatchers is what I was thinking of... geeky chic.

Date: April 29, 2020 08:46PM
PeterB
Thrift Store Scott

Yeah, it's not so much about physical similarity, as it is a "type". Jeff Goldblum in The Fly or Invasion of the Body Snatchers is what I was thinking of... geeky chic.

Gotcha. The same could be said of him in The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension and Earth Girls Are Easy, but in both of those he's a little more "chic" and a little less "geek".

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 29, 2020 09:44PM
....in 'There's Something About Mary'..........the one with the 'hair gel'......???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: April 29, 2020 10:10PM
Thrift Store Scott
PeterB
Thrift Store Scott

Gotcha. The same could be said of him in The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension and Earth Girls Are Easy, but in both of those he's a little more "chic" and a little less "geek".

You didn’t think Goldblum was geeky in Buckaroo Bonzai? Was there a remake he also appeared in I’m not aware of?

It is what it is.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: April 30, 2020 01:38AM
Best fit: Forest Whitaker

A slam dunk, 360 degree fit from looks to demeanor.

Big fat lie: Denzel. I won’t even post a picture. It ain’t me anywhere but in my dreams. big grin smiley
Date: April 30, 2020 01:41AM
N-OS X-tasy!
Thrift Store Scott
PeterB
Thrift Store Scott

You didn’t think Goldblum was geeky in Buckaroo Bonzai? Was there a remake he also appeared in I’m not aware of?

Geekiness is relative and almost everyone in that movie, at least all of Buckaroo's crew, was geeky, so by association Goldblum wasn't that bad. Heck, even "Perfect Tommy" had one of the most thoroughly overdone, least convincing male bleach jobs ever recorded on film stock. I imagine even bush-league pro wrestlers saw that hair and said "Dude... that's a little much, don't you think?".

In fairness I haven't seen that film in a while though. I think it is on YouTube right now in it's entirety; If so, I'll watch it and double-check myself.

Date: April 30, 2020 07:14AM
Thrift Store Scott
PeterB
Thrift Store Scott

I'd forgotten about Earth Girls Are Easy! That's about right.

Posted by: Rolando
Date: April 30, 2020 01:35PM
I've been told l look like (a shorter, chubbier) Robert Downey Jr. MCU Tony Stark is almost exactly my age:
me Jan 1970, Tony March 1970.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 232
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018