advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
music keyboard stand suggestion
Posted by: Fritz
Date: April 28, 2020 08:54PM
suggestion for a midi kb controller stand. something I can use on a conventional chair, not a kb throne; like desk height.
not too $$$, it's just to support a Korg K49, about 6lbs.
but sturdy enough that I learn on it without it ending up on the floor.

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: music keyboard stand suggestion
Posted by: Wags
Date: April 28, 2020 10:02PM
Proline PL700Z is what I use at my desk, but I need to support a Yamaha CP4 which weighs close to 40lbs. Probably overkill for what you want. The problem with most X type stands is getting the keyboard height right for a desk chair. The Proline does that. Seems like you could rig something up.
Posted by: JoeM
Date: April 29, 2020 08:38AM
I like the K&M Omega but it might be more than you want to spend:
[www.sweetwater.com]

Something that’s cheaper is:
[www.sweetwater.com]

JoeM
Date: April 29, 2020 08:39AM
I was looking at the Gator line.

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Posted by: Joseph C.
Date: April 29, 2020 09:40AM
I am also a fan of the K & M Omega.
A bit of overkill for a 49 key controller, but it is incredibly well made and will hold most 49 to 88 key controllers.
Date: April 29, 2020 09:42AM
K&M makes great stuff, no doubt. I use to have their mic stands. Beasts.
But a bit overkill for a <$100 midi kb at 6lbs.

!#$@@$#!

Date: April 30, 2020 08:30AM
Fritz
K&M makes great stuff, no doubt. I use to have their mic stands. Beasts.
But a bit overkill for a <$100 midi kb at 6lbs.

That’s why I included the Gator. The reason I mentioned the K&M is that many people move up from 49 keys in time and if that might be something you would be interesting in doing, you’d already have an excellent stand. I don’t really play keys, I use a MIDI guitar for anything involved but I have an Oxygen 61 for any time I want to play simple Hammond or other keyboard parts.88 is overkill for me. 61 seemed just right.

JoeM
Date: April 30, 2020 08:53AM
If at some point in the future I tire of the 49, I'll give it and the stand to a buddy in the big town what repairs MI and is involved with his local under funded schools.
If money still has value, I'll move on up.

That gator is a fixed height. There are others that looks pretty alright in their line that are adjustable.

[is.gd]

!#$@@$#!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2020 08:56AM by Fritz.
Posted by: BernDog
Date: April 30, 2020 09:26AM
Fritz
If at some point in the future I tire of the 49, I'll give it and the stand to a buddy in the big town what repairs MI and is involved with his local under funded schools.

That gator is a fixed height. There are others that looks pretty alright in their line that are adjustable.

[is.gd]

What is the width of that Gator when set at its lowest height? That will typically be where you’d need it for desk height. You might need to supplement with a board or something underneath it for your controller. In my experience, an x-stand is just narrow enough to hold 77 keys at that height.
Date: April 30, 2020 09:30AM
Fritz

[is.gd]

My bad, I thought it was adjustable. Take a look through these at Amazon. There’s a few adjustables in the $60 range:

[www.amazon.com]

JoeM
Date: April 30, 2020 09:59AM
how the heck did I those?

I have the kb at about 27" now, no stand. Feels like desktop of 31" or so would be comfortable without a true throne. I'm not going that crazy .... yet.

!#$@@$#!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2020 10:04AM by Fritz.
Date: April 30, 2020 10:23AM
[amzn.com]

used, but pretty good deal. seems pretty favored.

!#$@@$#!

Date: April 30, 2020 10:37AM
Here’s an even cheaper one.
Kuyal Adjustable Keyboard Stand Z-Shape Electric Piano Rack Stand Folding Music Piano Keyboard Metal Stand [www.amazon.com]

JoeM
Date: April 30, 2020 10:48AM
I wonder if my knees might bang that one sitting on essentially, a dining chair. I'll have to do some trig.

!#$@@$#!

Date: April 30, 2020 01:13PM
Good question, it looks like the depth is 14.8”. I didn’t see anything in the comments that mentioned a problem but maybe you can measure out and see if you have anything around that might help you mock up the seating position. I wonder how well the holes are tapped and how well the screw downs fit.

JoeM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 238
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018