advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Spectrum customers: anyone else getting crappy service?
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: May 05, 2020 10:26AM
Specifically cable TV. It happens sporadically but quite frequently here: annoying delays for things like pulling up program info in the program guide, sometimes just changing channels. Some channels just become "unavailable" but after a while reappear. Seems much worse now, maybe a bandwidth issue?

My life goes smoothly and in regular intervals
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Spectrum customers: anyone else getting crappy service?
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 05, 2020 10:31AM
.....it might be capacity.....however, last time this happened, I traded in the cable box......you get a newer one there should be no charge......like Apple, I think they force people to upgrade as the older boxes do not work as well as......but I could be wrong....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Buzz
Date: May 05, 2020 10:56AM
Gone from generally crappy before, to pretty darn awful since the virus hit.
==
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: May 05, 2020 11:13AM
Back when I had Spectrum, I saw the issues described by OP on an occasional (i.e. not frequent) basis. I seem similar issues with my current service (AT&T TV Now), so perhaps they just go with the territory.

It is what it is.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 05, 2020 11:33AM
Comcast had major problems on at least 3 days last month. I was trying to watch stuff on the DVR but the remote control would not do anything because the DVR could not phone home. Excuse me? I can't fast forward through some commercials just because you can't spy on me at the moment?

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: May 05, 2020 11:38AM
They're having problems.

[downdetector.com]

Posted by: Don C
Date: May 05, 2020 02:28PM
My cable box went to "Auto" last night. I had to pull the power cord to start a reboot after which all seemed fine. I have a three hour recording set and when I played it, the first 12 minutes or so played just fine, then it skipped an hour, resuming the playback. I could not get the missing hour to play.

No issues as described though.

I am having trouble with the IOS Spectrum app in that often when running a live program I get audio but no video and the phone shuts down as though nothing was playing unless I touch it frequently. This started a couple of weeks ago. Hope maybe a future update will fix it.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: May 05, 2020 03:45PM
TV has been skipping frequently, internet has been dropping out (which takes the phone along with it)

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 05, 2020 06:00PM
We have to reboot the Spectrum boxes fairly regularly so are on the road to cutting the cable tie. It's just not worth $220/mo.

As it's the only game in town, we'll be keeping the internet and expect them to exact revenge by charging us some unreasonably high rate.
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: May 05, 2020 06:06PM
Yeah, rebooting often helps, but today one of the problematic channels came back, but still had drop outs and pixelated hissy fits.

My life goes smoothly and in regular intervals
Posted by: Microman
Date: May 05, 2020 06:40PM
Spectrum was down this morning in Southern California for an hour, and then back and then out again
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 242
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018