advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Shortage Rollcall.... one sentence please to describe what you can't find these days
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 05, 2020 01:00PM
Tylenol of any kind.

(Ed: Changed title because it was too restrictive. Thanks, folks)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2020 01:21PM by cbelt3.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Shortage Rollcall.... one word please to describe what you can't find these days
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 05, 2020 01:10PM
....true peace of mind......$100K in a duffle bag.....moist lips......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Re: Shortage Rollcall.... one word please to describe what you can't find these days
Posted by: MikeF
Date: May 05, 2020 01:18PM
Grated parmesan cheese (yes, I know, more than one word).
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: May 05, 2020 01:19PM
Commonsense.

It is what it is.
Re: Shortage Rollcall.... one sentence please to describe what you can't find these days
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: May 05, 2020 01:27PM
Social distancing. At the local Walmart, sometimes it feels as though people are crowding closer than they were before the coronavirus.
Re: Shortage Rollcall.... one sentence please to describe what you can't find these days
Posted by: jdc
Date: May 05, 2020 01:27PM
S. Pupp
Social distancing. At the local Walmart, sometimes it feels as though people are crowding closer than they were before the coronavirus.

This.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: May 05, 2020 01:30PM
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

and

==
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: May 05, 2020 01:30PM
Lysol Spray

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: Rick-o
Date: May 05, 2020 01:37PM
Deli baked sliced french bread. Hasn't been available for weeks and weeks! Grr...

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: May 05, 2020 01:39PM
Boxes of Minute Rice.

Various canned soups.

Rubbing alcohol.

Clorox wipes.

Alcohol wipes.

Cleaning-gloves.

Toilet-cleaner.

Lysol.

Pine cleaner.

Date: May 05, 2020 01:51PM
....TP.....paper towels....hand sanitizer.....any wipes.....cleaning products......lysol products [ wipes, sprays, etc. ]......ramen.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2020 01:53PM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: archipirata
Date: May 05, 2020 01:58PM
Soy Sauce

Athens, OH
Posted by: PeterB
Date: May 05, 2020 02:16PM
As stated above, either RESPECT

or

my sanity

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: May 05, 2020 02:49PM
Yeast
Flour
Date: May 05, 2020 02:58PM
....short shorts [ who wears short short? ].......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2020 02:58PM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: voodoopenguin
Date: May 05, 2020 03:05PM
Sarcany
Boxes of Minute Rice.

Try a dolls house store.

Paul

Posted by: RecipeForDisaster
Date: May 05, 2020 03:36PM
Hot peppers, until I finally went to the Asian market today
Flour
Distance!
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: May 05, 2020 03:44PM
A 25-year-old interested in a 58-year-old (then again, I doubt my wife would have difficulties finding the machete she would want if I located that 25-year-old, so I can do without)

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: timg
Date: May 05, 2020 03:47PM
my sanity mostly ...

as well as any difference between a weekday and a weekend (I'm working from home, which means I'm pretty much on call 24/7) ...

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: May 05, 2020 03:52PM
Ombligo
A 25-year-old interested in a 58-year-old (then again, I doubt my wife would have difficulties finding the machete she would want if I located that 25-year-old, so I can do without)

Probably a lot easier to find a 25-year-old interested in your wife! smiley-laughing001

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: DP
Date: May 05, 2020 04:36PM
Try a dolls house store.

I see what you did there...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: wurm
Date: May 05, 2020 05:22PM
Egg-Beaters Southwestern Style!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2020 05:24PM by wurm.
Posted by: RecipeForDisaster
Date: May 05, 2020 05:25PM
Also, critically, GARLIC. I am supposed to make kimchi tomorrow. I have a few people looking for it and it hasn’t been seen in 4 stores in 3 weeks.
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: May 05, 2020 05:56PM
N-OS X-tasy!
Commonsense.

.this

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

The search engine that doesn't track you.

Posted by: sekker
Date: May 05, 2020 05:57PM
dried peas for soup. We've been trying for months.
Posted by: davemchine
Date: May 05, 2020 06:07PM
TP

Paper towels

Napkins

Canned soups

Rice

flour

Dry milk for baking
Posted by: Ammo
Date: May 05, 2020 08:04PM
Peace of mind.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass

Until you make your unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate. - Carl Jung
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: May 05, 2020 08:46PM
The Crab Cooker in Newport Beach.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: May 05, 2020 10:10PM
a medical care professional who both is willing to treat my pain, and is able to treat my pain.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: PeterB
Date: May 05, 2020 10:49PM
Interesting. Many of the things you all mention (food items) are definitely available in my area... particularly the garlic and the canned soups. What I've had no luck with is the dried milk...

And someone mentioned dried peas. Might I suggest you do what I did, and buy the 4lb. bag of lentils for $13: [www.amazon.com] ... I just used it again tonight to make another batch of the pasta and lentils, but this time adding mushroom and celery ... and wow, I could live on this stuff.

Edit: I see that the same company also sells green split peas...
[www.amazon.com]

and chickpeas: [www.amazon.com]

... damn, this is tempting...

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 05, 2020 11:57PM
Masks.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Michael
Date: May 06, 2020 02:48AM
Meat.

At Costco at 6:30 last night there was literally 3 pieces of beef/chicken in their fresh cases. The beef were very big and cost over $100--didn't see the exact cut.

We were able to buy chicken by buying one of 4 rotisserie chickens that they had. Sort of odd--no uncooked in the fresh cases, at all, but had some rotisserie chicken.
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: May 06, 2020 10:21AM
sekker
dried peas for soup. We've been trying for months.

rotflmao!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 220
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018