AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
'Hamilton' Full Production w/ Original Broadway Cast to Stream on Disney+
Posted by: d4
Date: May 12, 2020 08:53AM
'Hamilton' Full Production w/ Original Broadway Cast to Stream on Disney+

Woah. This is major.

[www.theverge.com]

The filmed version of Hamilton isn’t a big-budget film adaptation like the movie versions of Les Misérables, Cats, or the upcoming In the Heights. It’s exactly what it says on the can: a professionally filmed version of the Broadway show that was edited together using recordings shot over three live performances back in 2016 before the original cast members left the production.

But for most people, the Disney Plus version of Lin Manuel Miranda’s show will mark the first time seeing a performance of Hamilton at all, considering the record-breaking ticket prices that the Broadway show demands (along with the geographic limits of only being performed in a few cities around the world, like New York, Chicago, and San Fransisco).

“No other artistic work in the last decade has had the cultural impact of ‘Hamilton’—an inspiring and captivating tale told and performed in a powerfully creative way. In light of the extraordinary challenges facing our world, this story about leadership, tenacity, hope, love and the power of people to unite against the forces of adversity is both relevant and impactful,” said Bob Iger.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 'Hamilton' Full Production w/ Original Broadway Cast to Stream on Disney+
Posted by: mikebw
Date: May 12, 2020 09:25AM
We had tickets to the Kennedy Center, but of course that has been cancelled. This is a welcome 2nd best option, thanks for sharing!
Posted by: DavidS
Date: May 12, 2020 10:00AM
Thanks for sharing. My wife has seen it twice on Broadway but not with the original cast. Granted, she also saw it twice in Puerto Rico last year with Lin reprising his role. I'm sure she knows about this, but perhaps not about the early release.
Date: May 12, 2020 10:36AM
I was entering into the $10 Hamilton ticket lottery (NYC Broadway) every day for years. Never got lucky. My coworker won a pair of tix a few years ago. So "normal" people do definitely win them. For me, this will have to do thumbs up

Posted by: rgG
Date: May 12, 2020 10:49AM
Can you sign up for D+ for either a free trial or only a month?
I would pay just to see this.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: wurm
Date: May 12, 2020 10:55AM
This is great news. Thanks. I knew it was in the making and scheduled for late next year release, but this will be a welcome treat. I was fortunate enough to see it when it came to Boston, and contend that it was one of, if not the best live performance of any show I've ever seen. I've been looking forward to seeing this original cast production.

It's one of the things that made Krasinski's SGN episode 2 so special. smiling smiley
Date: May 12, 2020 11:18AM
It's going to be a long time before they figure out how to reopen Broadway. Those seats and rows are painfully tight. They really jam in the people like airline seating. There are 9 seated people in a 6ft square.

Date: May 12, 2020 11:24AM
rgG

Sure. There's the 7-day free trial. Or cancel after a month. There's no contract or anything if you're paying month to month ($6.99)

Posted by: graylocks
Date: May 12, 2020 12:04PM
rgG
I would pay just to see this.

i will upgrade my hulu for a month. cheaper than seats in a theater.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: rgG
Date: May 12, 2020 01:12PM
d4
rgG

Sure. There's the 7-day free trial. Or cancel after a month. There's no contract or anything if you're paying month to month ($6.99)

Thanks. I see a real surge in free trials and sign ups, around that time. Lol

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 12, 2020 01:59PM
....when does....'Benedict Arnold' come out.....??

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: May 12, 2020 09:18PM
Okay, sounds nice.

But, how nice?

Most direct to streaming releases are priced at a premium, eg $15.99 for what would have been theatrical releases. Disney paid $75 million for Hamilton.

The article doesn’t say one way or the other, but is it going to be a case of ‘Available exclusively to Disney+ subscribers for...$XX.XX” or will it be included as part of the monthly content?

This is all still basically virgin territory, so there’s not a lot to hang assumptions on yet.

Granted, even $6.99 + $15.99 is a bargain for seeing the original cast production even for a 1 person household, but I’m still curious.
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: May 13, 2020 12:05AM
I have not watch it myself. Some people on my social media are losing their minds despite seeing it in person multiple times.

Posted by: gabester
Date: May 13, 2020 12:33AM
When Disney+ first came out, you could sign up for a free 7-day trial and cancel on day 7 or 8 without charge. Then use a new card.

Neat trick - they didn't charge the card at all... I happened to have several cards with valid credit card numbers, so I'd sign up for a week, watch some content... cancel or let it laps (the valid credit cards were actually transit/debit cards) then register a new one. I was able to do this several times before I switched to using my real cards and finally signing up for a year.

So, sign up for free week just as Hamilton's released and enjoy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 146
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018