advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Today's ALDI Visit
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: May 13, 2020 11:42AM
Only 'shortage' seen was TP, only choice was a 12-pack @ $6.95.
8oz Hand Sanitizer now $2.29, limit one.

Disinfectant Wipes: $3.05 75-count can
Milk: $1.45 gal.
Eggs: $1.17 dz Large
Dole IB Lettuce: $1.29 head
80/20 Ground Beef: $2.99 lb.

Plenty of breads, rolls, peanut butter, fruit, veggies, lunch meats, dairy/cheeses,
chips, cookies, crackers, and all types of frozen foods.
They're also getting 'commercial' packed foods to sell. Six-Pound box of all beef
1/4 lb burgers (frozen) for $11.99, etc.

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

The search engine that doesn't track you.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Today's ALDI Visit
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 13, 2020 12:33PM
I found hamburger and chicken breasts at my last trip on Saturday. Aldi continues to keep their supply chain OPEN.
Posted by: Mr Downtown
Date: May 13, 2020 12:45PM
I made a "full granny cart" run yesterday to Chicago's North Side. No antiseptic wipes; no brownie mix; no fresh pork chops or chicken thighs. But they again had frozen Fusia Gen. Tso's Chicken in stock (missing on my last two trips).

My warm-weather Aldi is one that I bicycle to, about three miles away, and I recently bought a couple of folding baskets so I wouldn't have to do so much box-and-bungee-cord engineering to bring stuff home. But that neighborhood has the city's highest infection rate, so I decided to take my cart and make a bigger-than-usual run to the one in Uptown. The L going north was fine; I was almost alone in the car I chose. But coming back, the car was almost half full, of people wearing masks on their chins, or no mask at all, or taking their masks off to light up a cigarette or to go from car to car selling vodka.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2020 12:48PM by Mr Downtown.
Posted by: vision63
Date: May 14, 2020 01:44PM
Mr Downtown
I made a "full granny cart" run yesterday to Chicago's North Side. No antiseptic wipes; no brownie mix; no fresh pork chops or chicken thighs. But they again had frozen Fusia Gen. Tso's Chicken in stock (missing on my last two trips).

My warm-weather Aldi is one that I bicycle to, about three miles away, and I recently bought a couple of folding baskets so I wouldn't have to do so much box-and-bungee-cord engineering to bring stuff home. But that neighborhood has the city's highest infection rate, so I decided to take my cart and make a bigger-than-usual run to the one in Uptown. The L going north was fine; I was almost alone in the car I chose. But coming back, the car was almost half full, of people wearing masks on their chins, or no mask at all, or taking their masks off to light up a cigarette or to go from car to car selling vodka.

Purple line?
Posted by: Mr Downtown
Date: May 15, 2020 12:36PM
Red Line from Wilson to Roosevelt. I considered coming back south on the Purple, which is more of a commuter line and would likely be almost empty—especially southbound at the beginning of the PM rush. But I'd broken a handle on my cart, and Purple Line would mean a slightly longer walk at the home end. Had I known how bad the Red Line would get, I would have made the longer walk.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 113
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018