advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Logan's Run you tools?!.....ramen in stock @ Walmart.com....*SOLD OUT - in a day*.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 13, 2020 10:15PM
.....for those who can't find it near them in stores........the last time Walmart.com had them in-stock, sold out in a day......not in-stock that often......

......3 flavors.....Creamy Chicken [ slightly cheaper than the other 2 flavors by $1 - already sold out ]......Roasted Chicken......Beef....

....search 'ramen'.....Maruchan brand......these are not the ones in cups but in 3 oz packages.....

.......don't use the included flavor packet [ most of the sodium is in the packet ]......use low sodium chicken broth, then add vegetable, an egg, or some meat/protein......

.....you can also just cook in water.......then add soy sauce or sesame oil or oyster sauce or hoisin sauce to flavor.........

.......Update: All sold out in a day......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2020 10:15AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Logan's Run you tools?!.....ramen in stock @ Walmart.com......
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 13, 2020 10:29PM
I never use the full packet. Each one is a lifetime supply of salt.
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: May 14, 2020 06:21AM
Haven't noticed any shortage of the 3oz pkgs around here. iirc, last I purchased was
the 5 pack for a dollar.
Each one is a lifetime supply of salt.
Each seasoning packet is about 1500mg !!

Totally agree on the 'flavor packets'! Straight to the trash. No-salt broth, smoked
paprika, celery seed & other spices, LS soy sauce, egg, veggies like scallions make
for a favorable dish. I sometimes add cooked chix/turkey breast chunks for a meal.

Be aware, Wally doesn't believe in packing materials in my experience. Just rec'd.
four 4-packs of SF Mandarin cups via FedEx. How they made it without bursting
is amazing, just thrown in a box & taped.

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

The search engine that doesn't track you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2020 06:34AM by MrNoBody.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 14, 2020 07:15AM
FWIW, most shops have developed a steady Ramen supply chain.

My late favorite involves Teryaki ramen with a few pieces of smoked bacon "Paprika Spec" or "Szalonna" for the Eastern European crew. Add some sliced green onions and a tomato to the finished product... mmm.
Re: Logan's Run you tools?!.....ramen in stock @ Walmart.com....*SOLD OUT - in a day*.....
Posted by: AllGold
Date: May 14, 2020 10:26AM
NewtonMP2100
.....you can also just cook in water.......then add soy sauce or sesame oil or oyster sauce or hoisin sauce to flavor.........

Soy sauce is basically flavored salt brine. grinning smiley

Re: Logan's Run you tools?!.....ramen in stock @ Walmart.com....*SOLD OUT - in a day*.....
Date: May 14, 2020 10:27AM
.....I use the low sodium soy sauce.......

Posted by: Robert M
Date: May 14, 2020 10:28AM
Hi everyone,

Meh. The best place to get instant noodles is your local asian market. Much better selection from brands that produce a higher quality product. Cup 'O Noodles and Maruchan are mass market garbage in comparison.

Robert
Date: May 14, 2020 10:35AM
.....some don't have asian markets near them......all the ones near me have 'narrow aisles' so no space for 'social distancing'......I'd rather order by mail to avoid person-to-person contact......

Posted by: The UnDoug
Date: May 14, 2020 12:21PM
Robert M
Hi everyone,

Meh. The best place to get instant noodles is your local asian market. Much better selection from brands that produce a higher quality product. Cup 'O Noodles and Maruchan are mass market garbage in comparison.

Robert

H-Mart for the win!

[www.zeemaps.com]
Posted by: JPK
Date: May 14, 2020 12:25PM
I stopped into my local Walmart and two stereotypical millennial looking dudes were filling up two carts of ALL the Maruchan ramen noodles. Cases and cases! Stacked in their cart above eye level.

I was SO mad I left my phone in the car, that photo could have gone viral.

They will make more ramen, no need to hoard!

JPK
Date: May 14, 2020 12:48PM
.....wish there was H-Mart near me......

Posted by: d4
Date: May 14, 2020 12:54PM
NewtonMP2100
.......don't use the included flavor packet [ most of the sodium is in the packet ]......use low sodium chicken broth, then add vegetable, an egg, or some meat/protein......

Next meal: Grill hot dog. Throw out hot dog. Put avocado, heirloom tomato, microgreens, and olive oil in hot dog bun and enjoy.

Posted by: PeterB
Date: May 14, 2020 01:13PM
Ehhhh, I would skip the ramen entirely ... it is FULL of saturated fat: [www.keckmedicine.org]

And really, it's so easy now to make your own soup. I posted awhile back for sekker a link to a huge bag of split peas off Amazon... enough to probably make soup for weeks... just add some veggies, a bit of seasoning, maybe some ham, chicken, or even tofu, and you'd be off to the races.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2020 01:14PM by PeterB.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: May 14, 2020 01:30PM
JPK
I stopped into my local Walmart and two stereotypical millennial looking dudes were filling up two carts of ALL the Maruchan ramen noodles. Cases and cases! Stacked in their cart above eye level.

They will make more ramen, no need to hoard!

JPK

it goes "off" too, as the packages aren't designed for long term storage.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Date: May 14, 2020 01:46PM
.....most [ not all ] millennials don't know how to cook....they grew up in the app age.....Uber....Seamless.....Grubhub........they need it, they just order it.....

Date: May 14, 2020 02:24PM
NewtonMP2100
.....most [ not all ] millennials don't know how to cook....they grew up in the app age.....Uber....Seamless.....Grubhub........they need it, they just order it.....

True. Though some of the things you can buy on Amazon are practically foolproof in terms of cooking and are far more nutritious and tasty, I'm thinking especially like the Goya bean soup mixes, which have been around since forever, and make tons of really delicious soup for very cheap.

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 14, 2020 05:40PM

'Tis a shame.

I'd have been happy to help share.

I don't imagine Walmart would have put the brakes on that cart at checkout.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: May 14, 2020 11:06PM
I boil the noodles plain with peas and carrots. When cooked, I pour out the water and then sprinkle a little of the flavored salt onto the noodles.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Racer X
Date: May 15, 2020 10:56AM
NewtonMP2100

and what were they learning to do while they grew up?

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Date: May 15, 2020 11:02AM
....over protective parents....did everything for them......

Date: May 15, 2020 02:51PM
Racer X
NewtonMP2100

and what were they learning to do while they grew up?

Learning how to use twitter and Snapchat and complain about how their parents didn't do right by them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 285
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018