advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Anyone know about BW limits on T-Mobile?
Posted by: Wags
Date: May 14, 2020 08:37PM
A couple of CenturyLink's ace service persons came out and rewired my fiberopt connection. They left without checking with me. The internet connection was still down and after a few minutes of rebooting etc I realized it was beyond my pay grade. So then after about 15 more minutes waiting for tech support, I got this guy who sounded like East European, nice fellow. I asked him to send the two guys back. He couldn't do it because the work ticket was closed.

Apparently they're using duplex optical cable and best guess is they spliced into the wrong side. Now I'm off line until Sat. Except for my phone hotspot. So, now am I going to butt heads with T-Mobile over usage?

Here's something few can say. I've been with TM right from the beginning when it was still VoiceStream.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Anyone know about BW limits on T-Mobile?
Posted by: testcase
Date: May 14, 2020 08:54PM
Aren't most T-Mobile plans Unlimited Data (on the device)? Tethered data is unlimited too BUT, at 3G speeds (and, that would be with a excellent cellular connection).
Date: May 14, 2020 09:02PM
I've always thought it was. I've been able to stream video before that way. Probably won't work on Netflix. I'm going to try it.
Posted by: Gilbert
Date: May 14, 2020 09:46PM
Which plan do you have with T-Mobile? Their plans vary on what is included and what counts towards your usage.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: May 14, 2020 11:14PM
TMo is doing unlimited data at the moment, until sometime this month, I believe. Probably not a lot of time left, but that was from two months ago. I got my share of fast data in whilst surfing on my phone.
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: May 14, 2020 11:38PM
You can't go into the dmark and switch the fiber ends around? Pretty common for that to happen.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: Fritz
Date: May 15, 2020 08:00AM
C-Link huh. Guess you're in the same hood as my spouse who is stuck in Fla for now.
I suggested she pursue a connect with them, which in her area I think is 20/20.
She has been using my biz T-Mo account in the meantime.
She has regularly streamed from my cloud to her Roku via her LG G6.
It occasionally glitches, but for the most part not too bad.
She hits 10G regularly.

I'll say it, if you don't have union and trained techs, you get crap.
Here on LI we have CableVision/OptOnline/Altice and FiOS as the 2 best choices. When we had CableVision, their (non-union) techs were lost. I had to show them how it's done. FiOS, them guys know their game.

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Date: May 15, 2020 11:38AM
C(-)ris
You can't go into the dmark and switch the fiber ends around? Pretty common for that to happen.

I did open the outside box for a look. The connection looks like its been shrink wrapped or something. Really don't want to mess with it and give them an excuse to blame it on me.
Posted by: testcase
Date: May 15, 2020 11:54AM
"FiOS, them guys know their game."

I have a relatives in Suffolk County, LI who had been on Optimum. When FIOS became available they switched over and, the FIOS installers commented on the poor quality of Optimum's wiring. The relatives had all sorts of problems and, every 2~4 minths, Optimum had to send out techs who never were able to provide reliable service. It's been about a decade now with FIOS. Other than trees taking out cables during a storm, FIOS has been rock solid. You couldn't pay these relatives to go back to Optimum!
Posted by: Fritz
Date: May 15, 2020 11:59AM
me neither. same county. ool sends out ads every day for dirt cheap.
not worth doing that @#$%& again even though it is not the same company or owners anymore. Still the same poorly trained techs.

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Posted by: wowzer
Date: May 16, 2020 08:23AM
I have no throttling w tm. I switched about 4 months ago from Verizon to tm and it’s been great.

Tm gives me discount on my Netflix account too. No throttle w Netflix.

All I ever really needed to know, I learned from watching Star Trek.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 159
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018