advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
lend me your ear?!......NBC acquires rights to Canadian medical TV show......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 15, 2020 11:33AM
.....'Transplant'......which is in the process of airing in Canada right now.......

.....will probably use for Fall programming to fill-in gap as shows may not return to production in time......

Transplant: NBC Acquires Season 1 of Canadian Medical Drama

....NBC is adding a third medical drama to its roster with the acquisition of Canadian series Transplant.

The network, which is currently home to both Chicago Med and New Amsterdam, announced on Thursday that it will air Season 1 of the CTV original, which premiered in February and is currently 11 episodes into its 13-episode run. NBC has not yet announced a Stateside premiere date.

Transplant centers on Dr. Bashir “Bash” Hamed (played by Hamza Haq, Quantico), “a Syrian doctor with battle-tested skills in emergency medicine who fled his country with his younger sister, Amira,” per the official logline. “Together they struggle to build a new life in Canada as Bash strives to rebuild his career in medicine.”

Rounding out the cast are Laurence Leboeuf (19-2), John Hannah (Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.), Jim Watson (Mary Kills People) and Ayisha Issa (12 Monkeys).

........acquired.........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2020 11:36AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: lend me your ear?!......NBC acquires rights to Canadian medical TV show......
Posted by: Racer X
Date: May 15, 2020 11:39AM
There is some decent stuff coming out of Canada in the past decade or so. Flashpoint and most of the SCiFi channel stuff in the past (pre SyFy)

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Re: lend me your ear?!......NBC acquires rights to Canadian medical TV show......
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 15, 2020 05:09PM
I liked Flashpoint a lot.

It was on CBS for a season or two, trying to not be Toronto or wherever it was shot.

The Listener was another CBC show I liked.

Jason Priestly and Jerry O'Connell went to Canada to do Private Eyes and Carter, both not pretending to not be Canadian. And O'Connell pretends to be Canadian, so score one for US.

There's a lot of comedy-drama coming out of CA with emphasis on comedy, and that's a pleasant change from some of our and most of Britain's dramas.

I'm not a huge fan of medical procedurals these days.

Highmore's The Good Doctor and Oz's Doctor Doctor aks The Heart Guy are two exceptions that come to mind.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 208
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018