AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
5 yr old who took parent's car is given ride in Lamborghini
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: May 15, 2020 04:56PM
Poll
17 votes were received.
All visitors can vote.
Giving this kid a trip and another ride in a Lambo after he stole his parent's car and endangered lives is...

This is not a repost of this thread: [forums.macresource.com]

I will state again how shocked and relieved I am that none one died or was hurt in this incident. The stretch of Interstate 15 driven by this 5 year old is a 70mph limit. The kid was driving around 30mph. Cars regularly drive between 65-80mph. It is NOT a rural area as Ogden is one of Utah's largest cities and serves as a semi-truck route and transfer point for other interstate travel and commerce. The county DA's office declined to pursue any charges against the family.

Jamie Foxx and Shaq Surprise Viral 5-Year-Old Boy Who Stole Parents' Car to Buy a Lamborghini
5-year-old Adrian Zamarripa received the shock of a lifetime when he and his parents were flown to Los Angeles to test drive a Lamborghini — and a meeting with Jamie Foxx

A 5-year-old boy from Utah who was caught driving his parents' car to California to go buy a Lamborghini met some of his favorite stars, including Jamie Foxx and Shaquille O'Neal.

Adrian Zamarripa and his parents were flown to Los Angeles by RD Whittington, a celebrity car broker who owns the brand Wire Only, to check out some luxury vehicles, according to a video captured by TMZ.

Adrian was greeted by Whittington, who told him, “I’ll give you a private tour my man,” as the broker led him around several luxury cars.

As Whittington showed Adrian how to rev a car's engine, Adrian’s face lit up as he laughed, smiled and high-fived Whittington.

The little boy was able to rev the engines of a Ferrari, a Hummer and several other brand cars. Whittington even surprised Adrian with a FaceTime session with Lil Pump.

were from Shaquille O’Neal’s own line. The actor and singer told Adrian, “Let me see if I can get Shaq.”

Shortly after, Adrian got to FaceTime with the NBA legend, 48, although Adrian had trouble facing one of his heroes.

The family's trip comes a little over a week after Adrian was pulled over by a Utah Highway Patrol trooper on May 4 after telling the trooper he had gotten into an argument with his mother, who had told him she would not buy him a Lamborghini.

Adrian took matters into his own hands, taking his family's SUV and driving at 32 MPH prior to being pulled over. He told the trooper he was headed to Los Angeles to buy his dream car — with only $3 in his pocket.

“Maybe he’s getting punished, maybe he’s grounded, maybe he’s got some chores to do. I can relate to that,” Neves added. “At the same time, I thought it would be really cool to say, ‘Your dreams aren’t as far away as you think they are.’”

Sidney, 16, told CNN that their parents have since grounded him as punishment for the joyride.

"He understands he did something wrong," she said. "He knows not to do it again. He learned his lesson."

No one was hurt, and no property is thought to have been damaged, though there is still a chance charges could be filed, KSL reported.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 5 yr old who took parent's car is given ride in Lamborghini
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 15, 2020 05:06PM
....Mary had a little......LAMB.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: jdc
Date: May 15, 2020 05:07PM
no no no no no.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: May 15, 2020 06:05PM
How does a kid who is "grounded" get a trip to Los Angeles?

Posted by: wurm
Date: May 15, 2020 06:24PM
Who the hell is Sidney?

Sidney, 16, told CNN that their parents have since grounded him as punishment for the joyride.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: May 15, 2020 06:33PM
wurm
Who the hell is Sidney?

Sidney is the sister who was supposed to be babysitting him when he stole the car. She was napping.

Posted by: wurm
Date: May 15, 2020 07:16PM
Thanks. I didn't see it anywhere else in the text.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 15, 2020 07:19PM
Family allowed itself to be dragged into a LA type publicity stunt staged by a car seller, not a good family look but then it did get them out of Utah during a pandemic.
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: May 15, 2020 11:25PM
This might be a little bit dark, but my first thought was that a fitting punishment would have been for the parents to have gone on this little press opportunity while leaving the boy at home still grounded. After some consideration I concluded that would still be benefitting from outrageously bad behavior, albeit indirectly.

Had I done something similar and reporters came round offering a trip to Los Angeles because of it, my mother would have chased them off with a broom. Even if we had gone, I still wouldn't have been able to sit comfortably in any of the cars anyway.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

"I don't see color, I just see ugly" - Joe Jitsukawa
Posted by: vision63
Date: May 16, 2020 02:44AM
I'm not going to punish the hell out of a 5-year-old. Just keep an eye on him.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 16, 2020 05:22AM
If Shaq and Fox really wanted to do some thing good for the kid, they should have got him a treadmill with a control panel modeled after a Lambo dash.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 168
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018