advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
out foxed?!.....Fox renews two TV shows......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 19, 2020 11:12AM
.....'Last Man Standing'......and 'The Resident'......

Last Man Standing Scores Season 9 Renewal at Fox

....Fox is keeping the lights on at Outdoor Man, renewing Last Man Standing for a ninth season.

In addition to the Tim Allen comedy, the network has picked up a fourth season of medical drama The Resident. Both are expected to return sometime in 2021, following the release of a pandemic-proof fall schedule that mostly consists of sports franchises, reality series, animated tentpoles and postponed scripted fare.

“The Resident and Last Man Standing are such important parts of Fox, and we’re so pleased they will be returning next season,” Fox entertainment president Michael Thorn said in a statement. “We want to thank all of the writers, actors, directors, producers and talented crews for both of these shows, and, of course, our friends and producing partners at 20th Century Fox Television.”

Tuesday’s renewals narrow the field of Fox scripted bubble shows down to two: Prodigal Son and Outmatched.

Coming up just one episode short due to the pandemic, Last Man Standing this season averaged a 0.74 demo rating and 4.3 million total viewers (in Live+Same Day numbers), down 32 and 26 percent from Season 7 (which aired on Fridays). But out of the 15 scripted series that Fox aired this TV season, it ranked No. 6 in the demo and third in total audience (where it easily outdrew any of the network’s Sunday-night animated comedies).

When Last Man first premiered on ABC in 2011, the show centered on Allen’s Mike Baxter, a happily married father of three daughters who found himself the odd man out in a home dominated by women. As of Season 8, Mike and his wife Vanessa (The Kominsky Method‘s Nancy Travis) are technically empty-nesters — though they do continue to house foreign-exchange student Jen (Dr. Ken‘s Krista Marie Yu).

I'm......still....standing.....better than I ever did.......?!

The Resident Renewed for Season 4

.....The Resident is in stable condition — and not just because that superbug was successfully contained. The medical drama has also been renewed for Season 4 at Fox.

Averaging a 0.73 demo rating and 4 million total viewers through its April 7 finale (in Live+Same Day numbers), The Resident was down a full 20 percent from its sophomore run (which was paired on Mondays with the buzzy 9-1-1). Among the six dramas Fox has aired this season, it ranked fourth in the demo (behind the two 9-1-1s and Prodigal Son) and third in total audience.

The renewal indicates that The Resident will be able to properly finish several of its Season 3 storylines, which were interrupted when coronavirus concerns shut down production and prompted the season to end three episodes early. In the ersatz finale, the Red Rock Mountain Medical storyline reached a crescendo: Logan Kim, who was furious with Dr. Cain for bringing a superbug into the hospital, offered Conrad the chance to have Cain-esque power and influence at Chastain Park Memorial. (But Conrad didn’t respond to Logan’s proposal before the episode ended.)........

doctor.....doctor........Mr......M.D......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: out foxed?!.....Fox renews two TV shows......
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: May 19, 2020 01:42PM
I’d catch up on The Resident...
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 136
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018