Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
What's Good Wednesday
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: May 20, 2020 02:53PM
Lost in space made last week's WGW memorable. [forums.macresource.com]

This week for me: Went for a flower walk. Saw a lot of flowers in my neighborhood I typically drive or job by. I literally smelled the roses, it was lovely.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: What's Good Wednesday
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: May 20, 2020 03:19PM
I'm working this week, my stimulus check was finally deposited last week, my family is healthy.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: May 20, 2020 04:25PM
To quote George Burns...
I get up every morning and read the obituary column.
If my name's not there, I eat breakfast.

old fogey smiley

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

The search engine that doesn't track you.

Posted by: Rolando
Date: May 20, 2020 06:08PM
"What's Good" is my favorite Lou Reed song.
[www.youtube.com]

Life's like a mayonnaise soda
And life's like space without room
And life's like bacon and ice cream
That's what life's like without you

Life's like forever becoming
But life's forever dealing in hurt
Now life's like death without living
That's what life's like without you

Life's like Sanskrit read to a pony
I see you in my mind's eye strangling on your tongue
What good is knowing such devotion
I've been around, I know what makes things run

What good is seeing eye chocolate
What good's a computerized nose
And what good was cancer in April
Why no good, no good at all

What good's a war without killing
What good is rain that falls up
What good's a disease that won't hurt you
Why no good, I guess, no good at all

What good are these thoughts that I'm thinking
It must be better not to be thinking at all
A Styrofoam lover with emotions of concrete
No not much, not much at all

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Racer X
Date: May 20, 2020 08:50PM
Put in dibs on a custom Ruger 10/22 rifle stock being shaped for me. I saw his last one, and he is going to make one similar but with some tweaks specific to me.

He comes home from work and just like to relax building rifle stocks. He says working shaping the wood is sort of Zen for him, not unlike a child coloring with crayons. Here is one of his, and I now own it. [www.rimfirecentral.com] He did one using laminated oriented strand board that is so weird, it looks awesome.

Also sealed the deal on a Ruger Mark II pistol upper that someone buggered up. I'm pretty sure I or a friend can resurrect it. My partner's oldest son's adopted parents have property near Mt Rainer butted up against Dept. of Natural Resources land. So we walk about 200 yards into the woods and we are set. Sparse tree coverage, and low ground cover. If we get up early about sunrise, you can watch a heard of elk cross the river, and near sunset they come back and bed down somewhere nearby. It's a no hunting area, so they have found a great pocket of safety. Kind of cool.

So when we go to the cabin, I need to bring enough to share with everyone, so my "armory" is well received.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2020 11:26PM by Racer X.
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: May 20, 2020 09:30PM
There's nothing that can be screwed up about a Ruger MkII that Volquartsen can't replace for you, except the receiver. Great guns, suitably customized, too!

Neat 10/22 too!

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: RecipeForDisaster
Date: May 21, 2020 05:50AM
I go for flower walks in my gardens every few hours while WFM. I sniff everything that smells good - it’s so nice.

I finally got a kid who needs work to replace my paddock fence posts, after a year of trying to get it done. He’s doing a great (though slow, which is fine) job, and I love helping him out.

It seems there is enough PPE at both the hospitals we work at. After 2 months, I’m glad to be able to keep my "get up, get dressed, pack, behave all day" skills up. My WFH job stays that way, but now I’m doing a second one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 224
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018