advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
bad education?!....breaking news: Lori Loughlin & husband agree to plead guilty......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 21, 2020 08:14AM
....and agree to 2 months jail time [ just announced on TV ]......sure more details to follow......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2020 08:17AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: bad education?!....breaking news: Lori Loughlin & husband agree to plead guilty......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 21, 2020 08:46AM
....update on details.....

.....Loughlin’s plea agreement calls for two months in prison, a $150,000 fine and two years of supervised release and 100 hours of community service. Giannulli’s agreement calls for five months in prison, a $250,000 fine and two years of supervised release with 250 hours of community service.

Loughlin will plead guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit wire and mail fraud, while Giannulli will plead guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit wire and mail fraud and honest services wire and mail fraud, the U.S. attorney said........

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Re: bad education?!....breaking news: Lori Loughlin & husband agree to plead guilty......
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 21, 2020 09:54AM
Hard time, no doubt!
Any bets they'll rent time in the Beverly Hills PD jail or similar lockup?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2020 09:55AM by RgrF.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 21, 2020 09:56AM
Ugh. Celeb news. I'm more interested in the people that set up this long lasting fraudulent college admission scam. Are THEY being used as an example to the myriad other fraudsters out there who have been doing it for many years ?
Posted by: p8712
Date: May 21, 2020 10:39AM
RgrF
Hard time, no doubt!

The full house set....with bread and water.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: May 21, 2020 10:44AM
p8712
RgrF
Hard time, no doubt!

The full house set....with bread and water.

This is an opportunity for another follow-up series — they can call this one The Big House.

It is what it is.
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: May 21, 2020 11:04AM
Two Months & $150k fine??

To me, that proves Martha Stewart got shafted, she did Five Months @ Alderson.

imho bribery and mail & wire fraud are a bit more serious than the questionable
"lying to an agent" crap they nailed MS for.
For the record, I'm no Martha fan but she was targeted for other reasons.

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

The search engine that doesn't track you.

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 21, 2020 12:43PM
For the record, I'm no Martha fan but she was targeted for other reasons.

I think other reason, rather than reasons, and that being 'insider trading' and the SEC (and judge) wanting something of a message sent.

Not knowing anything about the subject or case, I think that message might be- someone 'in the know' telling a friend just one time 'hey you might want to buy/sell this stock'- is insider trading.

My personal view is while both are crimes, insider trading is more insidious than bribing someone for entry to a school.

Judges have some discretion at sentencing and that's generally a good thing. And those to are the small fish in the scheme of things. Sentencing hearings can be interesting, satisfying, or infuriating.

I haven't followed this much, and really, I'm more concerned with other laws regarding violent crime that CA has passed in the last couple of years, compared to this.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Robert M
Date: May 21, 2020 01:56PM
RAM,

Gotta disagree. Colleges have a limited number of openings. Those involved cheated their way into the college and took away those openings from hard-working, qualified students who would've obtained them via honest means. Hope Loughlin & husband (and everyone else involved) get sent to jail _after_ the pandemic. That way, they won't get released early and serve the entire sentence from beginning to end.

Robert
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 21, 2020 04:18PM
I agree with Robert, insiders will always be around and steal you blind for life but to have that happen to a kid in the bloom of youth is much more damaging - hang them high!
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 21, 2020 11:49PM
Robert M
RAM,

Gotta disagree. Colleges have a limited number of openings. Those involved cheated their way into the college and took away those openings from hard-working, qualified students who would've obtained them via honest means. Hope Loughlin & husband (and everyone else involved) get sent to jail _after_ the pandemic. That way, they won't get released early and serve the entire sentence from beginning to end.

Robert

Yup, they’ll get a very quick COVID19 release.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 161
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018