advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
It's Memorial Day Weekend! What are you doing?
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 22, 2020 12:15PM
It's Memorial Day Weekend.
BBQ?
Beach?
Shopping?

I may go for a walk, distancing myself from anyone who is out and about. (with recommended PPE)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: It's Memorial Day Weekend! What are you doing?
Posted by: Racer X
Date: May 22, 2020 12:17PM
Still a shut-in. With my asthma, if I go on a ventilator, I'll never come off it.

Building up target pistol #4 while I wait on the upper for #5. My FFL dealer is open by appointment. Waiting on an e-mail so I can schedule a pick-up.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2020 12:20PM by Racer X.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: May 22, 2020 12:31PM
Maybe beach, but also may wait until next week. Weather is predicted to be hot, and I'll avoid any "crowding" by folks who may want to exercise traditional Memorial day weekend activities.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2020 12:31PM by mrbigstuff.
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: May 22, 2020 12:39PM
Same thing we do every day, Pinky. Try To Take Over The World!

Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: May 22, 2020 01:02PM
Pondering life’s greatest mysteries:

(inspired by, and in tribute to, Lew Zealand’s post)
Date: May 22, 2020 01:14PM
But where would we find a pair of leaderhosen and a duck this time of night?

I have a pretty rare Pinky and the Brain watch.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: May 22, 2020 01:32PM
I have to meet a guy from downstate tomorrow. He wants to store his 5th wheel for the summer. I'm trying to avoid people, especially from the downstaters from the big cities, but what can I do? I'm taking the risk.

This is more or less a resort town. People have been coming up all week prior to the holiday. That's why I usually keep low during holidays and summer weekends. I save my fun time for the week days.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Date: May 22, 2020 01:38PM
Wear a mask Rick, don't shake hands, use your own pen, and wash your hands well frequently throughout the day.

Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: May 22, 2020 01:50PM
Wife, daughter, and I are going for a hike in the hills or a stroll on the beach. Social distancing and masks, of course.
Posted by: RecipeForDisaster
Date: May 22, 2020 02:35PM
We’re paddling tonight, working the weekend and holiday in our hospitals , but watching my nephew graduate HS via Zoom on Sunday evening. Hopefully we can have a veggie burgers and hot dogs and a campfire one of these evenings.
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: May 22, 2020 03:38PM
Going to a relatives house for an outdoor cookout, we will space accordingly, I know the rules being an essential employee, and where we are going, both homeowners are first responders, so I assume they are taking all the precautions necessary on their end.

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Posted by: timg
Date: May 22, 2020 03:59PM
I will be working ... sad smiley

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: May 22, 2020 05:55PM
Racer X
Wear a mask Rick, don't shake hands, use your own pen, and wash your hands well frequently throughout the day.

Good advice, thanks. Luckily, most of my tenants are long term and I rarely have contact with them. Newcomers are the big concern, but really, only contact is by appointment and just long enough to sign a rental agreement.

I worry more about infecting my elderly Pop, but then again, I have my own health issues.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: May 22, 2020 06:23PM
We started at Home Depot, buying an edger and some other garden stuff.

The new Ego cordless edger is fantastic. Edging around the patios and walks was a piece of cake.

Now we are working on the "live edge" of the lawn, where the lawn has expanded about a foot past the sprinklers. Today we completed 50 feet of an estimated 200 feet in the back yard. Run the edger then pick ax to remove about a foot of sod from the edge.

This time, we are also installing rubber edging to prevent things from getting so far out of control....it's going to be a long weekend.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: vision63
Date: May 22, 2020 06:37PM
We'll picnic and swim and barbecue!
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 22, 2020 07:20PM
Last week I bought the hard drive on sale at BestBuy, drove to pick it up "curbside" at the only nearby store that had it in stock. Coming back on I-5 from Tacoma during typical commute time was hair raising. People were making the most of lighter than average traffic. I was going 75 mph in a 60 mph zone in the middle lane. People were passing me on both sides going 10 to 15 mph faster. I am not driving anywhere this weekend unless I know people have mellowed out.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: testcase
Date: May 22, 2020 08:30PM
I'll continue isolating in place in my RV. Especially one over a major, long holiday weekend, I will endeavor to avoid as many people as possible. It still amazes me at how FEW people have the smarts and / or courtesy to do something as simple as wearing a mask when out in public. turbo naughty smiley
Posted by: JoeM
Date: May 22, 2020 08:38PM
Still stuck at home here in NJ but hopefully the weather will be good on Sunday for a social distanced visit to see my grandkids. I got the little one a new pink pony Gund, which is her favorite stuffie. Hers is getting pretty ratty so Im looking forward to seeing her face when she gets this new backup.

And I’m recording a new song, which makes being stuck at home pretty enjoyable.

JoeM
Posted by: Don C
Date: May 22, 2020 09:37PM
Got house painters coming in a week or two so I am cutting back azalea and other bushes that are rubbing up against the side of the house. Got a lot of the light stuff out but have to go after some larger limbs.

The 1850's section has air vents in the basement which have been closed off with boards. One of those boards is pretty rotten so I need to build a new one. Gas line goes into the house through that board so it will take some cutting and fitting. Going to get to do two of these. One has a gas line going through it, the other an electric wire so neither is a simple cut and install.

Sunday or Monday might call for a visit to a state park for a walk in a new place. A walk along the Ohio River is nice, but we've done it a LOT so someplace new would be nice.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: May 23, 2020 05:27AM
pressure washing my son's house in preparation for realtor photos

such fun.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: mstudio
Date: May 23, 2020 07:49AM
vision63
We'll picnic and swim and barbecue!

Same here, we're gonna party like it’s Covid 19 99.

Just kidding, we declined a party invitation so will stay home and throw something on the grill.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 23, 2020 08:25AM
mstudio
we're gonna party like it’s Covid 19 99.

Great phrasing. Is that original? I'd like to steal it.
Posted by: mstudio
Date: May 23, 2020 08:41AM
I believe I made it up yesterday, yes you may use it.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 23, 2020 08:57AM
.....the spouse/s.o. [ repeatedly and quite often - bored, nothing else to do ]......???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: sekker
Date: May 23, 2020 12:44PM
Unpacking a moving van from just crossing the country moving my son back from Arizona.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 149
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018