advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
New iPhone in the house!
Posted by: davester
Date: May 22, 2020 11:57PM
I am stoked! My ancient 6s died (dead ear speaker) and since it was a work phone they just sent me a new Xs. I know it's not quite the latest and greatest, but this is pretty darned sweet. It has a fantastic camera, a much larger screen in the same footprint as the 6s and something I wasn't even looking forward to...face recognition. I didn't realize how nice that feature would be. Now I need to buy a bunch of accessories...case, car mount, wireless charger, dongle to go to both charging and aux port in the car, etc. I wanted to get the iPhone 11 but it came in at just over the cutoff price for smart phones. No problem...can't beat free!

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: New iPhone in the house!
Posted by: Rolando
Date: May 23, 2020 01:44AM
Looking at an new SE (2020) to replace an original SE for MiL. My older daughter is happy with her 5s (new battery), but I might swap out for her as as well. My younger daughter on my old 6s (2nd battery) wants a "modern" iPhone.

If the rumors are true about a 5.4" iPhone 12, I might give my iPhone 11 to her and get the new hotness!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Robert M
Date: May 23, 2020 07:31AM
Davester,

Congrats! You're actually good to go. The only thing you'll need to get immediately is a case. Everything else that worked with your 6S ought to be dandy with your XS. A QI wireless charger isn't a necessity but, in my opinion, wireless charging is a game changer. Definitely should be your next purchase after a quality case. There was a recent thread about wireless chargers. Lots available at various price ranges and features.

Robert
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: May 23, 2020 08:12AM
Leader!

I made the same kind’a leap from a 5s to a X, impressive.
Just yesterday I was thinking how well the phone still copes, with it’s optical zoom and stuff haha...
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: May 23, 2020 08:14AM
I second the Leader motion!

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Posted by: sekker
Date: May 23, 2020 10:30AM
Free i L E A D E R!

I love the X/XS form factor.

Wireless charging is my favorite feature, be sure to get one for car too for long distance travel.
Posted by: jdc
Date: May 23, 2020 03:39PM
Rolando
If the rumors are true about a 5.4" iPhone 12, I might give my iPhone 11 to her and get the new hotness!

Why would they make a 5.4" 12? You mean a 5.5" SE 2020+? Or a 6/7/8 Plus?.

So more of everything old is new again?

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: May 23, 2020 04:00PM
jdc
Why would they make a 5.4" 12? You mean a 5.5" SE 2020+? Or a 6/7/8 Plus?.

So more of everything old is new again?

Nope:
5.4-inch iPhone 12: $649
6.1-inch iPhone 12: $749
6.1-inch iPhone 12 Pro: $999
6.7-inch iPhone 12 Pro Max: $1,099

[www.macrumors.com]

IF the Rumors are true...

Yes, that is a big IF.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: BillMac
Date: May 24, 2020 04:28AM
Congrats! I just replaced my 6s Plus (battery health at 79%) with an 11 Pro Max. That should hold me for another few years, per my replacement cycle!

-Bill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 110
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018