advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
aMAZeballs?!....this 80's fantasy movie getting sequel.......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 26, 2020 08:33PM
.....'Labyrinth'.......

'Doctor Strange' director Scott Derrickson signs up for 'Labyrinth' sequel

....Scott Derrickson, the director of Sinister and Doctor Strange, has signed up to direct a sequel to the 1986 fantasy film Labyrinth.

Deadline reports that Derrickson will direct the film for TriStar Pictures from a script by Maggie Levin.

Directed by Jim Henson from a screenplay by Monty Python’s Terry Jones, and executive produced by George Lucas, the original film starred a young Jennifer Connolly as a girl who finds herself transported to a magical world where she has to rescue her baby brother Toby from inside a huge maze when he is taken by goblins.

Rock star David Bowie played Jareth, the Goblin King, and provided some music for the film. Most of the characters in the film, beyond Connelly, Bowie and the baby, were played by puppets.

Although not a huge box office hit (it was pulled from cinemas just three weeks after it was released) the film was generally well-received by critics, and has since gone on to be cult classic, earning a second wind on VHS and DVD.

Its strong home entertainment sales led to TriStar (a Sony Pictures company) developing a sequel in the early noughties with a placeholder title of Curse of the Goblin King. In 2016 Sony announced that it developing a sequel with a script from Nicola Perlman, whose writing credits include Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain Marvel and Detective Pikachu, with Fede Alvarez (Don’t Breathe) attached to direct.

That version was said to be “not a remake nor a reboot but rather a continuation of the story set in the rich Henson universe.”

Bowie’s Goblin King was also not going to be “represented in the film......

more........muppets........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: aMAZeballs?!....this 80's fantasy movie getting sequel.......
Posted by: Racer X
Date: May 27, 2020 12:25AM
Any chance for a cameo of Connelley as an adult?

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: pdq
Date: May 27, 2020 10:57PM
Heh. Stumbled on that one one night while channel surfing. Thought I must have accidentally dropped acid or something (or should have).
Posted by: Rolando
Date: May 28, 2020 11:44PM
Racer X
Any chance for a cameo of Connelley as an adult?

She will be in the new Top Gun sequel. Still amazingly beautiful!

When my oldest daughter was twelve, I bought her the DVD, she loved it and showed it to my younger daughter years later! I also showed them "Return To Oz" another great fantasy movie!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 122
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018