advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Where Apple is going, you don't NEED ports!
Posted by: sekker
Date: May 27, 2020 08:16PM
A 'portless' iPhone rumor - again.

[www.macrumors.com]

I'm saying it here. If you take away options to plug in and charge when on-the-go, Apple better put a BIG A$$ battery in every phone. Wireless charging on-the-go just sucks.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Where Apple is going, you don't NEED ports!
Posted by: jdc
Date: May 27, 2020 08:32PM
A rumor thats at least 5 years old -- the day the iPP came with a "smart" connector.

Throw out enough rumors and eventually you get one right.

current iPhones last a *really* long time on a single charge...

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 27, 2020 08:43PM
....so prete-a-.....port.....er.....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: May 27, 2020 09:50PM
jdc
A rumor thats at least 5 years old -- the day the iPP came with a "smart" connector.

Throw out enough rumors and eventually you get one right.

current iPhones last a *really* long time on a single charge...

I know, old rumor. But one that's come from pretty reliable sources.

iPhone 11 models and the XR have great battery life. But the X and before - not so much.
Posted by: datbeme
Date: May 27, 2020 10:37PM
I *almost* think I could get along without having a port (I charge my 11 Pro wirelessly the majority of the time). I don't even worry about charging it at night—but admittedly I'm working from home and don't go anywere.wiggle smiley

At first it might be like having to breathe through a straw all the time, but the more ubiquitous Qi becomes, and the more you get used to it, I can totally see connecting a cable seeming archaic in a few years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2020 10:38PM by datbeme.
Date: May 27, 2020 10:40PM
datbeme
I *almost* think I could get along without having a port (I charge my 11 Pro wirelessly the majority of the time). I don't even worry about charging it at night—but admittedly I'm working from home and don't go anywere.wiggle smiley

At first it might be like having to breathe through a straw all the time, but the more ubiquitous Qi becomes, and the more you get used to it, I can totally see connecting a cable seeming archaic in a few years.

I have a portable wireless Qi charger. There is no easy way to charge my iPhone on the go (i.e. in my pocket). A cable is clearly better.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: May 27, 2020 11:36PM
A really strong magnet and the three pin Smart Connector would be ok....

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: datbeme
Date: May 27, 2020 11:40PM
sekker
datbeme
I have a portable wireless Qi charger. There is no easy way to charge my iPhone on the go (i.e. in my pocket). A cable is clearly better.

I think that's the breathing through a straw part.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 264
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018