advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Airlines are still getting hammered
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: May 27, 2020 09:12PM
I would have thought at this point airlines would have been caught up with cancelations and what not. I tried calling Delta to cancel a flight that leaves in 2 weeks and was told by the phone recording that they are not taking phone calls and do submit a case on Delta.com and they will try and call back within a week.

I would have expected that a month or two ago when crap hit the fan. But at this point you would think they would have made adjustments.

My issue is that I have a RT fare with connecting flights. They canceled the origin outbound flight on Sunday and rebooked it for Monday except they left the rest of the itinerary for Sunday. No idea which genius thought that was going to work. I tired to request a refund online since they canceled a flight but their online system is saying the flights weren't canceled just delayed. I don't think an entire day on a different flight qualifies as a delay. The Sunday flight is no longer offered out of that airport, at all. They cut all flights out that day, I assume because of low volume. That isn't a delay. Regardless, I need to be there Sunday, not Monday so it isn't going to work.

Just venting I guess. Will see if I get contacted and a refund sooner rather than later.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Airlines are still getting hammered
Posted by: sekker
Date: May 27, 2020 09:54PM
Was in an airport recently, mid-morning. Was emptier than a normal 3 AM airport pre-COVID.
Posted by: stephen
Date: May 27, 2020 10:16PM
I am a Delta Million Miler. I've been to Argentina 11 times, South Africa 3 times, Europe maybe 10 times, Puerto Rico 20 times, New Zealand, and more.

I'm not flying. I don't know when I will ever fly again.

I did fly the first week in March, to Puerto Rico, and was freaking terrified on the way back, as the news had started to get more dire. Wore a mask along with about five percent of the plane, wiped my seat, obsessively sanitized etc.

It was not relaxing.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 27, 2020 10:57PM
....that what she said.....!!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: May 27, 2020 11:28PM
stephen
I am a Delta Million Miler. I've been to Argentina 11 times, South Africa 3 times, Europe maybe 10 times, Puerto Rico 20 times, New Zealand, and more.

I'm not flying. I don't know when I will ever fly again.

I did fly the first week in March, to Puerto Rico, and was freaking terrified on the way back, as the news had started to get more dire. Wore a mask along with about five percent of the plane, wiped my seat, obsessively sanitized etc.

It was not relaxing.

I'm rescheduling for September or October most likely. Will see how it looks. It is tough to guage, because Wisconsin doesn't really have any significant amount of deaths anywhere. 500 total for the whole state. My area has zero. No one I know even knows anyone who has had it. It really doesn't exist within our current reality. If it wasn't for all the precautions you would have no idea anything was happening.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: May 28, 2020 07:05AM
Have you tried their iOS app? They claim to have real-time support thru it.

Was able to do quite a lot from the JetBlue and American Airlines apps. I'd be surprised if Delta didn't offer similar utility.

Posted by: Buzz
Date: May 28, 2020 10:58AM
Delta has 40K peeps on leave at the moment. They'll get you a refund, or will properly re-book you for the fall, as desired. Your answer is in your subject line. No clue what cities you're flying thru/to, but the airlines are restructuring their cities served. They're trying to survive, and can't handle every individual request on the spot. Chill; it'll get worked out.
==
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 264
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018