advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
What is the opposite of Midas Touch?
Posted by: Buzz
Date: May 31, 2020 08:30PM
Been setting up Zoom meetings for spousal unit during the lockdown, and I've used a myriad of cables, wired headsets, BT headsets, etc., without any problems. But.... as soon as Mrs. Buzz touches anything, it ceases to work properly. Today, after swapping cables, headsets, etc. for her w/ her iPad, with seemingly nothing working for her, I finally gave up and parked her in front the MBP we've been using as the host station. I've been on it for weeks without any issues, yet shortly after sitting down there, more sound problems mysteriously manifested themselves while in her hands.

All cables, headsets, BT headsets, etc., that just don't seem to work for spousal unit and her iPad, work perfectly for me on my iPad (and the host MBP). It seems as though I married the Anti-Midas. How can all these electronics continually fail in her presence? Any/all ideas appreciated... would dearly like a solution before the next Zoom session.
Thanks.
==
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: What is the opposite of Midas Touch?
Posted by: PeterB
Date: May 31, 2020 08:40PM
1) [www.urbandictionary.com]

2) I would have said the "Touch of Death" or (more appropriately) the "Touch of Lead" (a little reverse alchemy there)

3) [powerlisting.fandom.com]

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: GGD
Date: May 31, 2020 08:40PM
"Kiss of Death" ?
Posted by: Todd's keyboard
Date: May 31, 2020 08:47PM
“Jinx” seems appropriate.

Just came across the term slider, apparently someone whose energy field can affect appliances and street lights.

Todd’s mundane-though-is-having-hard-time-with-email-lately keyboard
Posted by: graylocks
Date: May 31, 2020 08:54PM
for plants it's a Brown Thumb. i have one of those.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: May 31, 2020 08:56PM
PeterB
1) [www.urbandictionary.com]

2) I would have said the "Touch of Death" or (more appropriately) the "Touch of Lead" (a little reverse alchemy there)

3) [powerlisting.fandom.com]

A common saying down here for when nothing goes right is "Everything I've touched today has turned to ____" < Insert slang term for excrement here, but I've never heard that sentiment shortened to a two-word reference. I guess "Dookie Touch" works as well as anything else.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

Stop and think about this: If you're able to shout the words "I CAN'T BREATHE!!!" at considerable volume, then you have just proven to anyone listening that you can indeed breathe.

"I don't see color, I just see ugly" - Joe Jitsukawa
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 31, 2020 11:23PM
Gremlins.

I tend to attract electronics failures as well. Possibly as revenge for all the stuff I’ve killed over the years. Then again , it’s a good skill for software testing. As is ...” how the heck did that fail ? “
Posted by: mikebw
Date: June 01, 2020 06:35AM
Magic Smoke Releaser?
Posted by: rz
Date: June 01, 2020 06:43AM
Sounds like my wife. Brown thumb with plants, whereas everyone seems amazed at how well plants do in my care. Every other day she seems to come to me complaining about something wrong with her computer. Seems 9 times out of 10, if I come to look at it, it works fine for me. I just tell her that the computer fears me, and starts acting right when it senses I'm around.
Posted by: rgG
Date: June 01, 2020 08:34AM
My dad used to say of my mom, "She could break an anvil."

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: June 01, 2020 08:36AM
[youtu.be]
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: June 01, 2020 09:59AM
Anti static bracelet?
Posted by: Buzz
Date: June 01, 2020 10:29AM
More like an Extra Static Bracelet...

Mrs. Buzz is a wiz (in the best way) w/ plants, and an awesome home chef, but she's a killer (in the worst way) around tech stuff. We got a late start in life, so I didn't have to go thru "meet the parents". Had I, I probably wouldn't have married her; her mom could actually burn water, and her step-dad could actually burn everything else. By the time I found that out in person, I was already hooked.

The tech stuff isn't new, but Zoomin' is, and I just can't understand how EVERYTHING works for me, then the same stuff fails as soon as she touches it. Yet, as soon as I use it again it's back working again.

We needs answers and/or an exorcist!
Please help.
Thanks.
==
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: June 01, 2020 10:53AM
How did that old song go? "She's Queen Midas in reverse..." smiley-laughing001

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: ArtP
Date: June 01, 2020 11:19AM
My Ex- Girlfriend used to be one of the FEW people that Apple Stuff just didn't "WORK" for,,,, Back when Apple Stuff "Just Worked"!
Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 01, 2020 09:50PM
Exorcist time.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: goodmanx
Date: June 05, 2020 01:46PM
my dad used to say, "my kids are magicians. they turn money into ssh!t."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 210
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020