advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
N-95 Masks
Posted by: Surfrider
Date: June 03, 2020 02:50PM
Long shot I know, does anyone have a source for real N95 masks?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: N-95 Masks
Posted by: mattkime
Date: June 03, 2020 02:52PM
they're starting to be listed regularly slickdeals.com

Posted by: jdc
Date: June 03, 2020 02:52PM
maybe somethign in here: [forums.macresource.com]

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: June 03, 2020 04:03PM
Keep in mind that most of the KN95 masks are fakes.

[www.cdc.gov]
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: June 03, 2020 04:04PM
I just got some KN95 from mymedic.com. I trust them, the masks look legit, it took less than a week for them to arrive, and the price was reasonable--which is to say crazy compared with pre February, but "only" $3.50 per mask.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: June 03, 2020 06:01PM
Scored some real N99 masks before the pandemic.... meant for wildfires, not Covid-19, or recent riot/looting fires. About two bucks each then; will sell up to three of 'em to highest bidder(s), or will trade for Lamborghini.
==
Posted by: samintx
Date: June 03, 2020 06:09PM
Buzz
Scored some real N99 masks before the pandemic.... meant for wildfires, not Covid-19, or recent riot/looting fires. About two bucks each then; will sell up to three of 'em to highest bidder(s), or will trade for Lamborghini.
==

My kids in CA keep on hand for fires.
Date: June 03, 2020 06:38PM
My kids in CA keep on hand for fires.

That was our original Cali intention..., who knew we were gonna have a pandemic? I just got 'em because they were heavy duty, made of cloth, and tyvek-like materials, and rated for 40 hours of use. If you wash them carefully, clean out the one way valve more carefully, and replace the rubber cords when they fail, they seem like they'll last thru the pandemic if you rotate a couple of 'em in w/ your bandanas.
==
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: June 03, 2020 06:46PM
Buzz
If you wash them carefully, clean out the one way valve more carefully...

Please keep in mind that a “one way valve” means you are not protecting others around you if you are infected.
Posted by: davester
Date: June 03, 2020 08:06PM
DeusxMac
Buzz

Please keep in mind that a “one way valve” means you are not protecting others around you if you are infected.

Yep, those with one-way valves are not allowed to be used in areas where masks are mandated for COVID-19 unless the valve is securely taped or glued shut.

I had a ton of N95 masks that I used for woodworking and for wildfire protection but I gave all but one away to the local hospital at the beginning of the pandemic. They were very grateful.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: Surfrider
Date: June 03, 2020 08:24PM
The KN-95 masks are a different animal than the N-95.I know the N-95 has a one way valve, that's not a worry.

I can't find anything but shady sellers selling shady, fake masks. I need them for my special lady, 49 years we've been together, I can't lose her now.

Thanks, if anyone hears of any, real ones please!
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: June 03, 2020 08:35PM
Wyze is selling KN-95 masks

[wyze.com]

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: June 03, 2020 08:57PM
Ok, I'm pulling google-fu here. I spent a couple of hours on this, mostly digging through slickdeals.com and on eBay.

If you want the real deal, you can get them on eBay, and they're about $15 to $20 each, minimum unless you buy huge amounts.

Otherwise, there's lots of BS on slick deals--no N95, lots of KN95. The site I listed above, mymedic.com, was the cheapest I found for anything that looked reliable. Many of the KN95's are reported as shoddy, etc. mymedic.com is established, sells a wide range of medical stuff, and the masks they're selling are listed with FDA. For $3/mask, it was the choice I made. $15 per mask is too rich for my budget.
Posted by: richorlin
Date: June 03, 2020 09:24PM
Snowjoe.com is selling real KN95 masks here KN95 for $14.95 + 6.95 shipping for a 5-pack.

richorlin

[DrawingMyLife.com]

[www.dudeism.com]
Date: June 03, 2020 09:24PM
davester
DeusxMac
Buzz

Yep, those with one-way valves are not allowed to be used in areas where masks are mandated for COVID-19 unless the valve is securely taped or glued shut.

They're CDC-NIOSH certified, w/ filters on both sides of the valve. I haven't been able to dig up some stock photos yet, but I'll post 'em when I find 'em. I *think* they're pretty safe, but I'll let y'all judge more when I get the pics. With the wildfires, I used my POC (portable oxygen concentrator) under the mask... thank goodness this Covid-19 stuff is nowhere near as odoriferous as the wildfires; more toxic maybe, but at least no stench.
==
Date: June 03, 2020 09:50PM
Surfrider
I know the N-95 has a one way valve, that's not a worry.

Some N-95 rated masks may have an exhale valve, but not all of them do.
Date: June 03, 2020 10:20PM
DeusxMac
Surfrider

What appear to be single valves are often two, nested valves, kinda like a donut; where the donut hole is one way, and the donut itself is the other way. Exhaust valves are needed to get rid of heat and moisture.
==
Date: June 03, 2020 10:31PM
Buzz
DeusxMac
Surfrider

What appear to be single valves are often two, nested valves, kinda like a donut; where the donut hole is one way, and the donut itself is the other way. Exhaust valves are needed to get rid of heat and moisture.
==

As that may be, but some N-95s have NO valve at all.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 03, 2020 11:28PM
My N95 masks are valveless.

When I bought them about a year or more ago, the only N95s I saw were valveless.

It wasn't until sometime after the COVID outbreak that I found there were some N95s with an exhaust valve.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: space-time
Date: June 04, 2020 06:25AM
I had both with and without valve, bought many years ago when I was doing some repairs in a dusty area. CVS brand had no valve, and I have a 3M with valve.
Posted by: mspace
Date: June 04, 2020 10:44AM
I am working with my dentist to get the type of mask I need. Dental supply places sell a lot of these items. They are hard to get but they will take orders if they can obtain product.

I also placed an order with Thomas Scientific for the type I'm using. Don't know when I'll get delivery, but good price. It's a case (600 pieces) and I'll give what I don't need to others anyway.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 217
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018