advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Good, reliable source for Nikon batteries?
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: June 13, 2020 10:15PM
I can't make heads nor tail of the Amazon ratings. And genuine is leeeetle too pricey, methinks.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Good, reliable source for Nikon batteries?
Posted by: AllGold
Date: June 13, 2020 10:41PM
I prefer ebay over Amazon for camera batteries because Amazon is too confusing for me, too.

You can also take a look at B&H (bhphoto.com) and Adorama.com for both new and used to see what's what.

Posted by: datbeme
Date: June 14, 2020 12:51PM
For my DSLRs, I only buy genuine Nikon. The EN-EL15b is so good that's it's just not worth messing around. Would probably also stick to B&H or Adorama and avoid Amazon for fear of getting a counterfeit.

[www.bhphotovideo.com]

Obviously, in many other cases, the OEM battery is mediocre and overpriced to begin with.

I once had a great experience with Wasabi batteries for a Canon camcorder. Got two HUGE replacement batteries with a charger for a fraction of the price of one Canon battery. Worked perfectly, and I never had to worry about running out of juice again. Based on that one experience, I would definitely consider Wasabi if in the market for a 3rd party replacement. Unfortunately, they didn't make anything compatible with my Sony AX53 Camcorder last time I looked.
Posted by: vision63
Date: June 14, 2020 03:06PM
On the other hand, I get these DN-EL15b joints and they've worked fine so far (a year and a half). Plus the double charger works with my Anker 20,000ma Portable Charger or from the car battery. I have a couple of dead Nikon batteries that just quit a while back. I was hoping there's a way for me to revive them.

[www.amazon.com]
Posted by: datbeme
Date: June 14, 2020 07:10PM
vision63
On the other hand, I get these DN-EL15b joints and they've worked fine so far (a year and a half). Plus the double charger works with my Anker 20,000ma Portable Charger or from the car battery. I have a couple of dead Nikon batteries that just quit a while back. I was hoping there's a way for me to revive them.

[www.amazon.com]

Good to know. As a follow up, I see Wasabi now has a two pack with charger for my Sony camcorder. Gonna give it a try.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 168
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018