advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Iphone pedometer
Posted by: samintx
Date: June 15, 2020 02:10PM
The “steps” are way off. They must be produced by some obscure formula because there is no way I should have the number of steps shown.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Iphone pedometer
Posted by: btfc
Date: June 15, 2020 02:16PM
You need to turn it off when you get on the vibrating machine! smiling smiley
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: June 15, 2020 02:36PM
I find that I often tap my foot while working at a desk or sitting in the car passenger seat. They get counted as steps smiling smiley

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: June 15, 2020 02:42PM
Markintosh
I find that I often tap my foot while working at a desk or sitting in the car passenger seat. They get counted as steps smiling smiley

I remember a long time ago when my brother had the Nike wrist fitness tracker. He got out of the car after driving to our mother's house in the mountains and lo and behold it showed he had taken thousands of steps. Apparently the constant sawing on the steering wheel was counted as steps.

Posted by: SteveO
Date: June 15, 2020 02:52PM
Sometimes mine is way short (Health app). If I wait several hours, it recalculates and shows a more realistic amount of steps/distance. I can't say I trust it much. But looking at FitBit results, I trust that gizmo even less...seriously overstates from what I saw looking at a friend's FitBit a few years ago.
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: June 15, 2020 03:08PM
I believe that elevation gain/loss also plays into some erroneous results.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: June 15, 2020 03:24PM
My steps are very consistent as I've been doing the same walks for 2-1/2 years now. Phone kept in pocket for the entire time so perhaps moving the phone around or holding in the hand alters this for other people.

The problems I see on my phone are the actual distances. I've also done those tests and they are short by about 24% since November '19 or so. No biggie as long as the steps are repeatable.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 236
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018