Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Finally finished "The Plot Against America"
Posted by: Rolando
Date: June 15, 2020 03:07PM
The last two episodes....

I was literally shaking from the tension....

Anybody else like it (NO SPOILERS)

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Finally finished "The Plot Against America"
Posted by: bfd
Date: June 15, 2020 03:35PM
Watched it. It ate time - which there is plenty of right now.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: June 15, 2020 04:09PM
I still have the last two episodes to watch. I had a hard time reconciling the differences of the book and the show.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: Rolando
Date: June 15, 2020 05:31PM
Ombligo
I still have the last two episodes to watch. I had a hard time reconciling the differences of the book and the show.

Treat them as two different entities. I alway do.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Racer X
Date: June 15, 2020 07:43PM
Is it about the insidious insertion of gluten in our diet?

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: June 16, 2020 07:13AM
So it's better than the book?

I wasn't very impresses with the book.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: June 16, 2020 03:04PM
Bill in NC
So it's better than the book?

I wasn't very impresses with the book.

I don't think so. YMMV

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 201
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020